Pecan smoked roasted Colorful Hatch NM Green Chile

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Last edited:
Salmon dusted with KS + Coarse BP, a small amount of brown sugar and drizzled with worchestishire. Royal oak lump and pecan chunks. Served with a macaroni pickled beet okra radish chopped romaine salad. Lemon- lots and lots of squeezed lemon when I eat salmon.

Last edited:
That's making me want salmon. I like lots of lemon squeezed on it too.

Me and salmon. Where do I begin. I think it goes back to younger years in NE Oklahoma. 4 kids one income. Lots of pink can salmon. There really is no food I won't eat. I love salmon patties. I have to Turn up the herb spice lemon etc on grilled salmon. But I will eat it. And I always save some grilled salmon to make salmon patties

I cooked salmon in the BGE mini last night. Prior to cooking the salmon which takes no time at all, I picked up a few colorful hot NM Green Chile. I'm stocked with 50#'s plus but cannot help myself. Where there's fire, green chile smoky aroma should be in the air.

http://iamnm.com/ten-recipes-every-new-mexican-should-have-in-their-recipe-book/

I read that link and thought, "how is a baby going to cook?" :doh:

Nice recipes. Gonna have to bookmark that page. And send some of my hatches into the smoker today as the others roast.

Great idea about putting the peppers on fish.

I may try them on some amberjack I have thawing.

Thanks for the post!

Me and salmon. Where do I begin. I think it goes back to younger years in NE Oklahoma. 4 kids one income. Lots of pink can salmon. There really is no food I won't eat. I love salmon patties. I have to Turn up the herb spice lemon etc on grilled salmon. But I will eat it. And I always save some grilled salmon to make salmon patties

Salmon patties from a can and pintos kept us alive as a kid too. Still one of my favorites. Brings back lots of memories every time I have them now.

Back