• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hatch Chiles, tell me about them.

Oh, and they have a wonderful flavor, not what I would call complex, but, very clean, very distinctive of chile peppers, with a mid-late hit of heat, the mild ones are almost too mild. Medium and hot have a heat that rolls up after you've chewed a bit, allowing the floral and vegetal flavors in chile to develop. The flavor is also, perhaps stronger, I guess is how I would describe it. Consistently, they taste great.

I've had them. but don't get what all the hoopla's about. They taste like Poblanos to me.

I've had them. but don't get what all the hoopla's about. They taste like Poblanos to me.

Are they expensive? Sometimes people get caught up thinking if it's pricey it has to be good.

Hatch is a small farming town in southern New Mexico. They grow and export a lot of chile. So do other small towns up and down the Rio Grande.

This link will give you an idea of the different varieties:

http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/

Depending on the specie, and the weather during the growing season, some fruit is hotter than others.

It's a staple at my house, we probably buy two or three 30 lb sacks a year. I was paying ~$30 per sack roasted last year, we'll see what prices are here soon. Last year I bought chile grown in Lemitar, NM from the stand down the street. It was a little too hot for my wife...

Hatch! Git you some. They're the sh*t. No hype.

Hatch is a small farming town in southern New Mexico. They grow and export a lot of chile. So do other small towns up and down the Rio Grande.

Depending on the specie, and the weather during the growing season, some fruit is hotter than others.

It's a staple at my house, we probably buy two or three 30 lb sacks a year. I was paying ~$30 per sack roasted last year, we'll see what prices are here soon. Last year I bought chile grown in Lemitar, NM from the stand down the street. It was a little too hot for my wife...
Thanks FrkYrPrk, ill check that link.

Where do you buy your chilies? I always get mine at Wagners when I'm in town.

I paid 15.88 for a case that weighed 28# yesterday

:thumb:

That's much better! I wish I could find a case around here. I'm going to look this weekend. We only have one store that gets hatch chili peppers though.

Back