$5.77 for Brisket flat at Sams

DBH

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Had the wife check Sams today. Guessing we won't be doing brisket anytime soon unless I find a new supply. Holy.....!!!!!

I was in Sams the other day and they had a Boneless Beef Ribeye Roast for $130 and it was not very big.

These prices have to be offensive to a large majority. This will cause the demand to lower, then there will be an excess of supply, then the prices will have to come down to what is reasonable to most. Unless of course, we are becoming a third world country and exporting most of our beef to other parts of the world that can better afford it. LOL.

$5.77 a lb. in my fragile little mind automatically rings up as "T-bone sale price, buy now." Unfortunately the price in my mind for brisket is $2.29. Oh well, looks like it's time to put some chicken on the Weber. But not wings because the market priced my cheap ass out of those too! :laugh:

Flats around here are always $4.99/lb. It's weird. A select packer at Wally World cost less then a select flat there.

I'm glad I live in Texas and have a bunch of options of where to buy beef. Competition will keep some pricing in check at least.

I don't understand why such a price difference in different regions. I paid $2.99 # for Choice brisket last Thursday. Could be some price gouging going on.

Sounds about right. Flats were $5.67 at Sams over the weekend, but others suggested to specifically ask for packers the next time I'm there or to try Walmart. It's a bummer, as I've got my first Oakridge order arriving this week and my UDS will be done soon.

How are the law abiding cattle folk doing? I understand feed cost are up

Judging by the full pens and traffic at the local sale barn today, they are too busy hauling their herd in to post. :doh:

Saw a 96 lb. calf sell for $115. Dats not good.

Trust me, its gonna be hard, but just don't buy it. Today i saw lots of pork/beef on sale with expiration dates 1-2 days out. Others are not buying as well. Supply/demand will take effect on price. I spoke to someone really on top of the PED virus with pigs and he said he believes the supply of pork will recover nov-dec 2014. He has 6 generations of meat industry experience. Lets hope he is right or even a bit pessimistic.

Walmart in Sidney Ohio..2.99lb whole packer and 5.69lb for a flat. They must use expensive knifes

I purchased a full packer USDA Prime grade from Sams for $3.57 a pound.

Choice packer was $1.99/lb at the Winco around here. At Sam's (across the street) it was $3.49/lb for select. :doh:

Back