Forgive me Brethren, for I have sinned...

Jayblefty

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Had some Baby Backs and I was planning on firing up my UDS to break it in but my charcoal basket wasnt done yet. I figured I would fire up my offset and throw some olive wood in there, use my sweet onion rub and finish them up with a sticky sweet glaze... BUT THEN, My Wife who I Love very much, asked if I would do them the way I did back when we were in our crappy little apartment that wouldnt even allow a gas grill. So I caved and braised them in a blend of homemade BBQ sauce and Pepsi, covered and in the oven for a few hours. Finished them uncovered with some sweet onion dry rub and a layer of sauce. Threw them under the broiler just to caramelize them up a touch. They were tasty, but they were SMOKELESS!!!

So do any of you ever do ribs anywhere besides the BBQ/Smoker???
And please keep in mind, I did it out of Love!!!

You are forgiven, Brother Jayblefty. Now go make us fatties and ABTs and post pictures in penance.

Everyone else seems to steam ribs in foil with liquid these days, so I think you did just fine. :mrgreen:

I undersand your wife completely. There are memories attached to food. I think it was nice of you to indulge her on this.

CD

I see no sin brother. You had raw meat and you turned it into cooked meat and you and your wife had a delicious meal. The Brethren is a group of like minded folks who enjoy doing a lot of things the same way, but the Brethren is also extremely tolerant and caring. So you and your wife had ribs that weren't slow smoked using a woodfire, so what.

It's only a sin if you try to pass braised ribs off as bbq ribs. :thumb:

What is this "sweet onion dry rub" of which you speak????

Sounds pretty good.... so we're gonna need a recipe if you want forgiveness. :laugh:

Sin and Redemption

Your wife asked a favor, you obliged. You should ask a favor too, just to keep Karma,Yin and Yang balanced. One of those when Jupiter aligns with Mars or more exactly Steely Dan''s 35 sweet goodbyes.

Not only is it all good, it's all normal. She had a request, you knew how to handle it. Holy Matrimony at its finest.

Smoke On and Amen.

It sounds like his wife is a member here. :heh:

Like others said, sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

What is this "sweet onion dry rub" of which you speak????

Sounds pretty good.... so we're gonna need a recipe if you want forgiveness. :laugh:

I will post a recipe of my Sweet Onion Rub next time I whip up a batch. I Love It and its a pretty big hit at the Country Club I work at on fried chicken wings.

Thats the Love I was Hoping for!!! You Guys and Gals are the GREATEST!!! I agree that a Happy Wife makes for a Happy Life!

Can I get an amen?

amen.gif

My wife likes pork, but doesn't care for the smoke taste/smell. So, I've learned to make the occasional pork loin on the gas grill.

AS long as you don't call it bbq, there's nothing wrong with cooking in the oven.

A funny thing happened on the way to smoke some ribs.......hey brother.... Shiite Muslim happens......

Back