"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

I have a couple of thick cut, bone in pork chops, too.

I need to go to another store today, my Kroger didn't have any good deals on ribs, which is what I'd like to smoke on Sunday.

CD

Smoking a couple slabs of bacon I've been honey curing.

Also doing a fish cook on Sat. for some very dear friends who are grieving right now - most likely salmon & lobster.

Made some white sauce yesterday to go with butterflied fryers I'm smoking this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIBS!!! can't wait!!!

Gonna make a few racks for dinner and try out one rack with a super sweet/spicy glaze for a comp rib.

Doing a competition this weekend. Not KCBS or anything, but should be fun. 6 butts and 3 packers. Lots of food! Just finished the injections and they are resting comfortably. Cooking starts around 10 tonight and turn in is at noon.

Cool thing about this comp is that the public gets to eat all the non judge meat. I love that idea. They should eat pretty decently I imagine with over 20 teams. Napkin math puts the meat total over a ton!

I'm going to try cheese for the first time. Cheddar, pepperjack, muenster and I'll see what wegmans has when I get there.

Spares st lewey style and a fattie. On the fattie im gonna flatten place a brat in the middle and roll up. Has anyone ever done one that way?

Back