Blackstone Griddle...Where Have You Been All My Life!!!

JacksBBQ

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Finally bought a Blackstone 36 last week which didn't show up until a day before I left for vacation so haven't had time to mess with it until this weekend. This thing is amazing! Got it put together and seasoned yesterday and cooked breakfast for the family this morning. I can finally do a big breakfast without just completely destroying my kitchen. Being able to cook pancakes, bacon, and eggs all kind of at the same time is amazing.

Decided to go ahead and do burgers tonight. Did some double meat smash burgers with grilled onions and bacon. I have some learning to do with the smashing part but holy hell were these things delicious. I came in the house to ask how they were and my father in law was finishing his second one. I should have bought one of these things a long time ago.

They are really nice for breakfast when you are cooking for a lot of people. It is nice to have everything done at the same time. My second favorite to do is any type of stir fry since you can do it all at one and in no time at all.

I have been thinking about a flat top but since i'm not much of a cook i was afraid i wouldn't use it much and it's just me and my wife but that still doesn't keep me from wanting one.
I was looking real hard at the Royal Gourmet flat top, i really like the way it looks and like the side shelves since they are higher up. It also comes with a cover, but haven't been able to find anybody that has one so i can get an idea of the quality.

I can finally do a big breakfast without just completely destroying my kitchen.

You'll just be destroying your deck or patio with all the grease instead. Mine has been banished from the deck.

Truly a breakfast cooking machine. Enjoy!

You'll just be destroying your deck or patio with all the grease instead. Mine has been banished from the deck.

I fixed the grease catch so it doesn't run all over the place. They need a bigger bead on there straight from the factory to break the surface tension so the grease just drips straight down instead of rolling back down the bottom side of the griddle and then running down the leg. It's also sitting on a grease mat on the patio. It was kind of dark when I was finishing up last night so I couldn't see the ground but I just checked and I have one small drop of grease that looks like it came from me getting to crazy with the spatula. Not bad considering I cooked 16 burgers and a half a pack of bacon.

Last edited:
Back