• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Where's my confounded smoker

Quint

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So we've been getting a wee bit o' snow up here in the nawth east. we had back to back storms that drop about 43" in my area. So I decide to go out and shovel out the grill and smoker. after taking a look and thinking to myself, I'm taking a long weekend in sunny Florida with the wife I'll just wait until I get back to shovel. Here's how it looked before I left.

IMG_3167.jpg

Here's the nice weather in Fla

IMG_3171.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg

It snowed a bit when I was away................should shoveled before I left still looking for my grill and smoker lol

IMG_3194.jpg
IMG_3196.jpg

Oh and there's a storm coming in this weekend and depending on how tracks we're guaranteed 12" up to 36"

Last edited:
Look at it one way... You can make a heck load of snow cream

All that proves is that you are not cooking outdoors enough.

And there's more snow on the way for you guys!
Not too bad here in NW NJ. About 18" on the ground, nothing like what you have. i am looking forward to seeing green again. :wacko:

Im just south of you on the CT shore and we've got about 4 feet also, with another big one on the way. Took me 4 hours with the snowblower to find my chicken coop. If I have to do this again Im gonna put some lump and hickory in the coop and smoke them feathers on.
bilde.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dang! Hope it get's better soon. Folks talk about things "Going South". Lookin' like that ain't a bad place to be.

no....its shorts and tshirt weather here......and rain too.

Whistler has snow, same with Big White, but a lot of the local mountains shut down due to no snow.

Thats got to be economically painful for the area. I was spring skiing at whistler a few years ago. Sorry to go off topic Quint. I'll stop now.

I hear you. Dug out the grills and then hurried them again when I had to climb on the roof and clear some of the snow there

Ya I've been shoveling off my roof for 2 days now before the next storm comes in this weekend, luckily its not a big one, only 12" - 18" latest forecast. I literally had a minimum of 2ft with 6ft drifts ON MY ENTIRE ROOF!!! Was the most that's ever hung on up there. Even when we got 10ft a few years ago nothing like that hung onto the roof but its been so cold there's no melting.

Thankfully we didn't get slammed out in the western part of the state like you guys did but still it's not fun. I fired up the gasser the other night for chicken and it was about 25° with no wind and it felt quite nice in a tee shirt compared to 0° this morning. I'm sure hoping that storm for saturday night goes easy on us cause I got a corned brisket to smoke for pastrami on sunday. I still gotta shovel the roof but I've been roof raking so it shouldn't be to bad. Hey, it's new England, what do we expect??

Thankfully we didn't get slammed out in the western part of the state like you guys did but still it's not fun. I fired up the gasser the other night for chicken and it was about 25° with no wind and it felt quite nice in a tee shirt compared to 0° this morning. I'm sure hoping that storm for saturday night goes easy on us cause I got a corned brisket to smoke for pastrami on sunday. I still gotta shovel the roof but I've been roof raking so it shouldn't be to bad. Hey, it's new England, what do we expect??

What I'd expect is some of this farkin global warming that all the tree huggers keep preaching about. Ive got sh*t to do that doesnt involve moving another ton of snow.

Back