advice for an electric smoker

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
a friend in denver co is looking for a better elect smoker than his brinkmann. he's a tightwad like me but is willing to spend if thats his only
choice. has to be electric. i tried to get him to buy a wsm but no go.
just smoking the normal stuff for him and the wife.

thanks !

Stay away from the Bradley, it uses overpriced wood biscuits.

I have the Masterbuilt 30, it has worked fine for me, but since i've built a UDS haven't used it since.

If i were to buy an electric again, i would get the Masterbuilt 40 (larger) on a side note i have noticed that the right rear corner was hotter due to the fact that the exhaust was there, i sorta fixed that problem by putting a aluminum (throwaway) pan up top with a hole cut in the center to direct heat to the center, however i lose the top rack doing so.

I am going to be a hardcore, If you want electric, Kenmore has a great product, they call it an Oven. :doh:

My neighbor has a Cookshack and it does a great job.

I've had a MES, that I got tired of re-wiring & it not working & threw it away...... Then bought a Cookshack, sold it cause I needed more room for sausage, bought another one, cause if was a killer deal & sold it cause i needed more room for sausage. Neither of the Cookshack's ever let me down & they are built like a tank! Made in the U.S.A. or at least used to be? ..... Spendy though, but the quality (from my experience anyway) is outstanding. Still debating on what to use for sausage..............

I have a Masterbuilt 40. Makes decent lazy-Q. Wide temp swings because the heating element is either on or off just like an electric oven. I use it once in a while when I don't have time to tend a fire. I think Cabela's still sells them.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

I have a Masterbuilt 40 that my wife bought me for my B-day last March. It works fine, but like 1911Ron said, since I built my UDS I hardly use it anymore. It works great for smoking and drying peppers. It also has a remote control that is pretty handy.
It also has a window and a light that I thought was pretty cool when I first got it, now it just makes me laugh :doh:
I plan on making some jerky in it sometime soon.

I would just use the Brinkmann. I see no point in upgrading from one if your staying electric.

Back