cuban bread/garlic flat iron/firewalk shrimp

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

first bread with the new kitchen aide mixer, half whole wheat and half all purpose flour cuban bread

breadflatironshrimp-002.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-017.jpg

garlic flat iron steak

breadflatironshrimp-023.jpg

dizzy pig jamaican firewalk, garlic, rosemary shrimp skewers

breadflatironshrimp-049.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-055.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-063.jpg

took it all to the neighbors for dinner. they said thanks

breadflatironshrimp-068.jpg

:biggrin:

Keep postin the pron, Rick. The wife is just about sold on the Egg.....

I would hope the neighbors said thanks! Looks freakin tasty.

"They said thanks."

Dude.

That's a bit of an understatement.

If someone deliverd that to my house, I would have said thanks with sexual favors. NTTAWWT!

Nice looking plate in the last pic. All hail Rick!

Excellent Rick, I could do with that, very nice.

How bout postin recipes on these. The whole meal looks great. I have never cooked a flat iron steak

Again I need to clean the drool out of my keyboard thans to Rick.

Rick, I am pretty sure I would have said thanks, too.:-D

I was licking the monitor.

Seriously, the bread looked like I could reach out and touch it.

You're the real deal, Rick.

here's a few more good ones from that series...
some are sure to make the 2009 calendar :biggrin:

breadflatironshrimp-007.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-016.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-046.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-060.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-052.jpg

breadflatironshrimp-067.jpg

and the neighbors

breadflatironshrimp-071.jpg

:biggrin:

How bout postin recipes on these. The whole meal looks great. I have never cooked a flat iron steak

i highly recommend the flat iron steaks. i get them when they are on sale at krogers for $4.99/pound. this one was $7 and change and fed three people.

the cuban bread recipe is out of bernard clayton's "new complete book of breads" except i modified it a little with the whole wheat flour and no water pan and no cold oven at the start. the result was a soft, light interior and a tasty, crunchy crust.

marinaded flat iron with a little olive oil, then dizzy pig raising the steaks and garlic on one side...

then the flat iron was seared at 700 dome open for 2 minutes on one side with a 90 degree rotation for the crosshatch grid mark pattern at 1 minute, then pulled and rested for 19:27, then roasted for about 9 minutes or so at 350 along with the shrimp. kind of experimented with only searing one side which drives the juices up to the top to blend with the garlic and then soak back into the steak during the rest. the roast period was on the other garlic side the entire time.

marinaded the shrimp with olive oil, dizzy pig jamaican firewalk, garlic, and a little dried rosemary

the shrimp are in the shell, so the drill is to peel the shrimp and swipe it on the seasoned shell to get as much or as little heat from the firewalk as you want. or you could just suck on the shell :biggrin:

I'd hit that!...a few times! :p Great job Rick...I love a good flat iron...yours looks perfect!

"then pulled and rested for 19:27"...???

I'd hit that!...a few times! :p Great job Rick...I love a good flat iron...yours looks perfect!

"then pulled and rested for 19:27"...???

it takes about 20 minutes to get the egg down from searing 700 degrees to 350. that was a little engineer analness coming out... sorry :biggrin:

i reckon that shoulda read 00:19:27 :shock:

Back