New toys, or um, TOOLS!

JohnFiz

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Greetings,

Received my order from Thermoworks. Excited to have some new tools :wink: A smoke and a lollypop. And a freebie :)

20170104_133649.jpg

Wife thinks I'm nuts. I told her that I have to have the "smoker monitor system" so I don't screw up any meals. She just laughed. I"ll be trying it out tomorrow hopefully with a pork tenderloin. Forecast is snow. So i might have to make a small shelter for the electronics.

Enjoy,
John

Got the Smoke for Christmas, using it tonight for a couple of clucks and love it.

Have fun.

Greetings,

I thought this post got lost in the abyss. Guess I'm still under adult supervision LOL.

The Smoke worked great! The 8lb whole chicken stopped climbing and held around 161 for over an hour. I was worried that nightfall and the temp in the teens that the Smoke was not responding. I took the handy pop out to check and it was on the money. Pulled it at 163 breast IT and let it rest for 20. Results were fantastic! Neighbors want to do another one with a rack of lamb ribs this weekend. They are supplying the meat :wink:

Here's a couple shots.

Smoke
Smoke Chicken.jpg

Bird
Smoked Chicken.jpg

Thanks for looking,
John

Nice looking bird. I too have the smoke and love it. I still have my maverick 733 which worked good as well but the Smoke is WAY easier to set up.

Back