Discada tacos

I have to admit that the ingredient description threw me for a loop. I had local chorizo tacos today, and all I could think of was the description

It tasted great, but it was weird to feel it get into my head.

I've spent a bunch of time in the Philippines, which included lots of pulutan. I love sisig. But man, there are times when you just need to ignore what it is made of - which is probably a rule and not the exception with Filipino friends.

Back on point, discada is a great dish - I'm surprised there aren't more places that serve it.

It actually wasn’t THAT bad to clean, most of it came off with a sponge and some dish soap. There was a little bit of stuck-on charring in the center area where most of the cooking was done, but I attribute that mainly to my inexperience cooking like this. I may go ahead and get something non-stainless at some point though.

For about 15 years on my way to work I passed by this supply of perfectly broken in discadas in their native habitat.....

ksEwi9u.jpg

What's that old saying... Two things you never want to see being made sausages & laws.

Back