• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Done with the stick burners

Honestly, thats what I love about the M1, M36, and M48.

If I'm in the mood for stick burning, I can smoke a whole brisket or anything for that matter with nothing but wood. If I don't feel like baby sitting as much, I will load it up with lump with a few small chunks of wood and go that method. I can throw wood in the firebox and lump up top and do some awesome reverse searing.

food for thought- you will notice that most of the stickburner guys also have a charcoal burner for their "easy" cooks :becky:

Most definitely. There's the easy cooks, the fun cooks, and the funnerest cooks. At least one of these types uses charcoal.....:thumb:

el luchador. Yes for the ease of cooking, cleaning and firing up. I def use it much more because of the convenience

Honestly, thats what I love about the M1, M36, and M48.

If I'm in the mood for stick burning, I can smoke a whole brisket or anything for that matter with nothing but wood. If I don't feel like baby sitting as much, I will load it up with lump with a few small chunks of wood and go that method. I can throw wood in the firebox and lump up top and do some awesome reverse searing.

This is one of the reasons I would like to eventually get this grill so I can try smoking with wood on a smaller scale but also smoke with lump if I want to and to also use this as a regular charcoal grill. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Wayne

I saw that one too --but you were burning wood! - and I didnt see any best ever comments on that one so.... :-D

lol I need to clarify. That was the best tasting block pit pig they had tasted. Given the choice, friends prefer underground pigs. They just take more work..the block pit is a lot easier to mess with.
I still agree... nothing wrong with a good hot bed of coals. :thumb: :-D

food for thought- you will notice that most of the stickburner guys also have a charcoal burner for their "easy" cooks :becky:

Food for thought. Many of us don't. I haven't touched my wsm since a week before I got my Shirley home. I don't give a damn. I'll fire that big girl up for a single pork loin.

Best cologne on the market. The women love it.

Just because I have both doesn't imply anything. I still prefer my stuck burner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lol I need to clarify. That was the best tasting block pit pig they had tasted. Given the choice, friends prefer underground pigs. They just take more work..the block pit is a lot easier to mess with.
I still agree... nothing wrong with a good hot bed of coals. :thumb: :-D

aww man. there goes my theory that coals taste better than wood :-D :thumb:

Food for thought. Many of us don't. I haven't touched my wsm since a week before I got my Shirley home. I don't give a damn. I'll fire that big girl up for a single pork loin.

Best cologne on the market. The women love it.

ahh, but you haven't sold it , and that speaks volumes :thumb:
btw, how long have you had the Shirley. Ive heard the honeymoon period can last a while :boxing:
Just because I have both doesn't imply anything. I still prefer my stuck burner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn't say it wasn't preferred but its important for a newbie to know that a lot of "stickburners" also have a charcoal burner that's easier to use and still turns out great Q

This is a great thread. I have kept up since page 1. I am so close to finishing up my offset build. Sand blasting and paint. Then I’ll see just how hard or easy it is to cook on one. I have been building it a little at a time for 5 months. I’m so ready to light a fire.

I've had all the style smokers, and now have whittled mine down to just a WSM, Performer and Shirley. I loaned my WSM out, and prefer the Shirley overall. I just have a hard time finding affordable wood splits where I live. That is my only complaint.

I'm thinking my next grill will be englebrecht 1000

Santa Maria-Check
Charcoal-Check
Firebox-Check

1000_background_large.jpg

So I did a 5 hour cook on the offset last night while watching the kids. It wasn't any more work than with my WSM, honestly. But I don't wrap my ribs and spritz them every 45 minutes to form that sweet glaze on top of the bark... like I do with the WSM. If the temp got down to 225, I threw another split on during the spritzing time. None of the kids were hurt nor did a fight break out when I stepped away for 5 minutes.

Maybe I will talk about it differently when I have to do this during the stall of a brisket.

So I did a 5 hour cook on the offset last night while watching the kids. It wasn't any more work than with my WSM, honestly. But I don't wrap my ribs and spritz them every 45 minutes to form that sweet glaze on top of the bark... like I do with the WSM. If the temp got down to 225, I threw another split on during the spritzing time. None of the kids were hurt nor did a fight break out when I stepped away for 5 minutes.

Maybe I will talk about it differently when I have to do this during the stall of a brisket.
What's this "stall" you speak of? Lol

300-325 or I crutch it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This thread is still goin?

It’s like the energizer bunny!

Last brisket I did stalled at 150 for over 8 hours. I finally said f it (forget it) and crutched it. It went from 150 to 209 in two hours

Back