• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

At the request of Landarc, my research that led to Foil Hat Rub

Yeah, at one time I thought about doing that. Then over time I realized that these results gave me enough insight to have a good idea what would happen at higher temps. Plus, most people interested in reading this are looking at it through a filter of just a few ingredients anyway, so if they really need to know first hand they can do their own similar testing much quicker and easier on their smaller list of ingredients. So the time and money investment doesn't make much sense to me with this existing baseline in place.

Lets make Guerry do it! He'll do anything!

if Guerry could cook he would volunteer to do it. I suspect he can't cook, but, will claim he is too busy to do the work.

With regard to the hammy flavor, my thought was that this was primarily a function of the smoke (and for exactly reasons you discuss above). I can make hammy ribs anytime I want in my offset (not nasty creosote, but hammy, and I'm talking tasty hammy :hungry:). My rubs had little or no sugar in them, but they did include salt and smoke :becky:. I can't seem to make hammy ribs in the Oval. The one difference is the smoke.

Thanks Donnie... I mean Chris. :p

Actually it is helpful. I really enjoy the mad scientist threads. Please keep it up.

Great post Chris!! Thanks for the links too! :cool::grin:

.Thank you for the GREAT INFO. I WILL Copy this & cherish it for life!!!

That there is true brethernship!!!
Thank you again. You are a true and wonderful MAD SCIENTIST

Back