View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #20
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
I tried 3 shops:
Dukes Donuts, 500 S Cherry Ln, White Settlement - Great selection of good donuts.

Donut Palace, Belkamp, Haltom City - good selection good donuts.

The winner for me was Busy B's Donuts and Bakery, Denton Highway, Haltom City - A very small shop with a small selection of wonderful donuts. What I liked best were the filled donuts; they do not fill them until you order them, so they will not become heavy and soggy in the case. They simply melt in your mouth - even when cold. I think we found this place by accident when looking for a larger shop a little further down the road. An example of a small out of the way place that excels in quality.

LOL.....

Great reviews on Jonboy's, but sadly it was permanently closed.

I also wanted to go to North Main BBQ in Euless, TX (a friend of a friend of mine), but they were sold out on the weekend, and closed during the week. maybe next time...

We tried Woody Creek and Spring Creek:

Woody Creek had better flavored meats but the sides didn't leave too much to be desired.

Spring Creek had mediocre meats, but the sides were better.

My last stop was Elmo's BBQ in Azle, no ribs, no Mac&Cheese were disappointing. The brisket was cooked to perfection (nice pull apart and texture), but a little dry like it had been reheated, Sausage, Coleslaw, and Pinto Beans were great.... Mustard based Potato Salad was mushy like mashed potatoes, that side was not enjoyable at all.

That sounds awesome

Only two due to the many other items I had to pack for the flight home.

Had I known I would’ve sent you to Jambo’s BBQ in Rendon or the New Hard 8 barbecue in Burleson -the originals in Stephenville Texas - the Stevensville location is Pretty Good. I haven’t made the Burleson location yet .....or even Cousins BBQ is Decent.......

Thanks from:--->