So I bought a Klose, anyone have a 24x48?

M

MBidney

Would love to see some of your pics. Only ones that I can find on the web are on the Klose site. Anyway, super excited about the purchase and very curious as how this pit will do during Minneapolis winters.

I had a 20x42 and was extremely happy. In TX it did great and very efficient when at temp. Did you opt for the firebox upgrade? I had the charcoal basket and it was great for letting me get some sleep. His rib racks are built to last as well. I have 2 and they hold up to be dropping them on the pavement almost every comp.

I have the 50" BYC. I farking love that thing. Once you get it up to temp it doesn't take too much to keep it going - it holds temps really well. A log every hour or so is about right, but I'm sure it'll be a different story for you in the winter.

I will say this (and you may already know this): never close the exhaust and try and leave the intakes all the way open as well - I like to control my temp by the size of the fire and have it as clean burning as possible, which means open vents. Obviously sometimes you have to shut the intakes a little and it's not the end of the world by any means, but generally the more draft moving through, the cleaner the burn, the better the grub. :thumb:

I had a 20x42 and was extremely happy. In TX it did great and very efficient when at temp. Did you opt for the firebox upgrade? I had the charcoal basket and it was great for letting me get some sleep. His rib racks are built to last as well. I have 2 and they hold up to be dropping them on the pavement almost every comp.

Yes, I got the 1/2 inch firebox upgrade and charcoal basket. Hoping the firebox will help out during our winter.

Congratulations on the addition of a Klose to your world.
I have never cooked on one, but from what I have read,
you are going to be one happy guy.

Here's my 24" x 6'. I'm still in awe over it. Klose is the king in my books.

picture.php

Back