Nothing fancy....just some indoor smashburgers

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had a hungry kid coming home from school and had some fresh ground beef & Hawaiian rolls on hand.

Rain kept me indoors on this cook.

I really want to get some Kamado Joe cast iron D&C inserts for use on my BigJoe for future smashburger cooks. I think these will offer the acreage and functionality that is perfect for these burgers.

I use a simple recipe that I've stuck with for the past year or so:

4-5 pounds ground beef, 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs, 1 cup of Don's, one sweet onions finely diced and 2-3 jalapeños Frenched & finely diced.

The amounts are simply suggestions.....I never measure.

Had some great tunes cranking during this deal......

Fjkakri.png

W4QJKHn.png

kFDrKBr.png

y4k4Rtc.png

d9JZ2wM.png

Sweet potato tots with some #kamadojoe Honey BBQ rub on them....

yC92FV4.png

WjSw4dE.png

Maple bacon was killer on them. King's Hawaiian rolls are the ticket, too.

They look dark......that's just the Don's making that color. You'll have to take my word that they were not overcooked. :rofl:

4-5 pounds ground beef? Growing boy or a regiment?

Looks good to me!

Ok, I've been a burger snob ever since I got into Q...I handle the meat very minimally to keep it as tender as it can be. Then get a killer crust on the outside, bursting with juice inside. Pretty top-notch.

But your STUPID PICS of those smashburgers have really got me thinking :) They look absolutely incredible. So I wonder - say I wanted the best of both worlds...if I wanted to add things to the meat, as people often do to burgers, if I added them *before I ground the meat myself*, I could still handle the meat minimally but have added glory if I wanted to. Anybody tried this with an electric grinder???

Thanks, everyone.

Just some easy eats here this afternoon. Sure would have preferred to do 'em outside on the grill and tantalize the neighbors. Nothing beats the aroma of a burger on the grill.

Ok, I've been a burger snob ever since I got into Q...I handle the meat very minimally to keep it as tender as it can be. Then get a killer crust on the outside, bursting with juice inside. Pretty top-notch.

But your STUPID PICS of those smashburgers have really got me thinking :) They look absolutely incredible. So I wonder - say I wanted the best of both worlds...if I wanted to add things to the meat, as people often do to burgers, if I added them *before I ground the meat myself*, I could still handle the meat minimally but have added glory if I wanted to. Anybody tried this with an electric grinder???

Thank you. I agree on not really working the meat too much.

I simply let the ground fall apart and gently spread it around in the pan and then add the other stuff and go very easy on mixing it.

0eoDfC0.png

KlwyBnx.png

Ys2xdsm.png

The patties are very loose and must be cooked on a flat surface of some type.

98NzqDD.png

M0NzN7O.png

One of these days, I'll get my own meat grinder and simply use a large chuck roast and a pound of bacon. Should make some good burgers.

I do believe the lady of the house is hooked on the Don's I picked up due to your previous cooks! It staid under my cabinet for two weeks waiting for me to use it in some recipe. Then, day before yesterday, she decides to use it on some chicken breasts for her diet while I was at work. The woman has ate chicken breast three days in a row now!! She loves her some Don's!!

So, it looks like some Don's smash burgers are on my list now. It'll be very different for me as I never use breadcrumbs or add anything else into my burgers unless I refer to them as meatloaf burgers. Buuuuuuut things do change don't they??:heh:

Good job man. I'm just off my workout at the gym and this looks grand to me right now!:clap:

I do believe the lady of the house is hooked on the Don's I picked up due to your previous cooks! It staid under my cabinet for two weeks waiting for me to use it in some recipe. Then, day before yesterday, she decides to use it on some chicken breasts for her diet while I was at work. The woman has ate chicken breast three days in a row now!! She loves her some Don's!!

So, it looks like some Don's smash burgers are on my list now. It'll be very different for me as I never use breadcrumbs or add anything else into my burgers unless I refer to them as meatloaf burgers. Buuuuuuut things do change don't they??:heh:

Good job man. I'm just off my workout at the gym and this looks grand to me right now!:clap:

Awesome !

I'm glad she likes it. Good job on your gym time, too.

I just recovered from a series of procedures and have the green light from my doctors to get busy in the gym, too.

Gonna take some serious work to get where I want to be. One rep....one step.....one session at a time. :thumb:

Back