Weber Smokey mountain

aerotech11

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Question. I found on Craigslist a 22.3" Weber smokey mountain smoker for $260. Looks to be in good condition. Would it be worth my time and money to pick it up? I have read a lot of good things about them but are they truly worth it? Would this be a good price? Thanks for the advice in advance.
00l0l_bbuzptenzik_600x450.jpg

00N0N_2zlPhYFNe9e_600x450.jpg

00k0k_aG8OlcqEZp1_600x450.jpg

They are great cookers, 260 seems a little high to me though, if it has all the parts offer 200 and settle somewhere in between :)

New WSM 22 retails for $399. That's not a bad price if it's in good shape. I would see if you can get him down to $215-225.

But yes, the WSM is a good smoker and the 22 is a beast...will hold a fair amount of food.

$260 isnt too bad. The 22" ones retail for $399. However, it's craigslist and my rule for craigslist purchases is to always negotiate. Even if I get a dollar off asking I consider it a win. That being said I love my WSM. I've had an older stumps sitting in my garage waiting to be refurbished, and the only reason I've really been taking my time is because my 22" WSM churns out some fantastic Q, and so easy to use once you figure out your favorite methods of setup. Get it.

Go after it and remember, everything is negotiable...I'd bet you can get it for $20-30 off what they are asking, at least.

I love my 22...just did 4 pork butts on it recently with no problem.

Even if it comes with that dolly it's a good deal. Offer $250 and see what happens.

WSM's are great smokers, I'd offer $200 maybe $225.

I have read a lot of good things about them but are they truly worth it? Would this be a good price?

Yes they are worth it. $260 is an OK price. I've bought 2 of them for $225 and $250 respectively.

Excellent cookers. Can't recommend highly enough

Great. Thanks everyone for the replies. I will negotiate the price a bit and see if he will bite. The ad says "firm on price" but I do know that everything on Craigslist is negotiable. I am excited to get one after reading all the positive reviews on them. I have been smoking on an old highly modified Smoke N Pit so I am sure it will be a huge step up for me.

The guy won't budge on price but is willing to deliver it to me. He is located about 2 hour drive away. I offered $200 and went all the way up to $240 with no luck. He just dosen't want to budge on the price. Still worth it in your humble opinion?

The guy won't budge on price but is willing to deliver it to me. He is located about 2 hour drive away. I offered $200 and went all the way up to $240 with no luck. He just dosen't want to budge on the price. Still worth it in your humble opinion?
Only you can really answer that question and if he's going to bring it to you, saving you 4hrs of windshield time that's worth something imo. It's a great smoker and will last as long as you want to keep it with minimal upkeep.

Still worth it. You're talking about the difference of $20. You will spend that much in gas getting it from him.

Get it. You won't regret it.

I'd let him know it needs to be in good shape though. Good shape means no refurb necessary . . . rust spots, dents, chipped paint, rusted cooking grates, etc. If he's confident, it's a fair price and he's knows its value. Heck IRS mileage rates nets you a 50% discount.

I have two of them and they're great. If he will deliver 2 hours, I would pay the $260 (assuming good condition).

Just buy a new 18 wsm for 299 and b done with it

22.3"? I wouldn't buy it. Too small. I prefer the 22.5" model. :p

If he's going to deliver it to you, it is a good deal. Just give it a real good look over before he leaves with your cash.

Back