woven wire source

None of the local steel yards carry it. And most of them are on one form of lock down or another.

I've looked at the McNichols site, and they seem to top out at 1/8" as well.

Sounds like it might be time for a "plan B" or one more up from whatever you are at now.

I have a nice Argentine V grate on the Santa Maria I built. It's got about an inch drop from back to front so the grease drains into the drip pan. It works very well- and you can get angle iron in various sizes and maybe some nice stainless steel too.

My grill is nowhere near as involved as yours is-and my welding is a lot like Smitty's (if he were drunk at the time)- but there's nothing wrong with the way it cooks.

good luck, sir.

So, McNichols has 4x10 sheets, $668 for the sheet, $200 hundred to ship - that's more than I'm willing spend right now. I, I guess I'm going expanded metal lathe - unless I do angle iron as a V grate.

:deadhorse:
FYI for anybody else trying to buy from McNichols, they have a "Cut item to size" button on the webpage, so you only pay for what you need, plus a small surcharge for the cut. And less freight.
I don't work for them, but I use them frequently.

When I talked to them, they said I had to pay for the whole sheet, but they'd cut it down to any size I want.

Back