View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #118
SMetroHawkeye
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Hawkeye

...in the end, I blame Robb...

I was less than a year into my stick burner groove, loving the process and the good eats my LSG VO was cranking out. I’m a big fan of rwalters and the amazing cooks he shares. When the Breathren group buy details were being shared last year, and I started doing my own research, pellet-pooping got a lot more interesting. I shared many of the same smoke-profile questions that others have voiced. Long story short, I listened to Robb and other MAK’er’s feedback and experiences and ended up with a Two Star with an extra full grate, SS doors, SS front shelf, WiFi and a cover.

My MAK experience has been very positive. Pellet smoking is different, like charcoal, stick burning, gas etc. I like the smoke profile I’m getting from the MAK - it’s all a matter of personal taste, I guess. The WiFi function has been great; driving the cooker with my phone has been a growing convenience I originally thought of as a fun to have, but is now a full on utility. MAK’s build quality, fit and function is exceptional. And the final product coming off the cooker has elicited the same compliments from the folks I feed with a hearty “more, please”!

I’ve found I’m doing more cooks on the MAK just-in-time and on a whim, similar to thinking about turning on The Gasser. It’s relatively low maintenance and allows you to be up and running quickly. Getting inspired by other Breathren’s cooks and trying some out myself in the moment is a snap with my Two Star. And when I see rwalters’s cook posts, I figure I’d better be ready to do a freezer dive or hit the grocery store!

...so in the end, I blame Robb... and I can’t thank him enough! If you’re on the fence, do a search for his cook-posts and you’ll see the potential of adding a MAK to your cooker arsenal!
[B]Current Corral:[/B] LSG VO 24” ([I]Li’l Herky[/I]); MAK Two-Star General ([I]Mando[/I]); PK360 with GrillGrates ([I]Galgadot[/I]); Vision Pro Kamado ([I]Punkinhead[/I]); WSM 22” ([I]The Droid[/I]); Weber Kettle ([I]Dory[/I]); Bull Angus ([I]Gasser[/I])
SMetroHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->