View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 09:11 AM   #11
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
I'm completely with you about Lewis' brisket hype not living up to reality. The links are the best thing I've had from there. The brisket...just 'meh'...

Rodney's place is the best pork you'll get in SC. I've been there once when I was disappointed, but for the most part it's always spot on. On a good day it can rival Skylight or Sam Jones...but it had better be a good day...but then I've been to Skylight and been disappointed (once out of dozens of visits). The texture at Rodney's is more coarse. I like it either way...coarse or fine.

You can't compare regional styles on a fair scale. You can have a favorite style, but the methods are just different.
I'm still catching up with work too much to post pics of the trip, but we stopped at Skylight on the way. The pulled pork was extremely good. Loved the cracklin mixed in, but I prefer Lexington BBQ more. The first night, Rodney's really blew them both away. Second night, I probably would've preferred Lexington BBQ.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->