View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 06:19 AM   #92
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood View Post
Looks like your quarantined to Texas. I'm "breaking" quarantine 13 miles to the state line. Come on Man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
$42 roundtrip and non stop. i'm tempted since they cancelled two events that I was supposed to attend.
Personally, I think right after the BASH is a good time to travel as airfare will be dirt cheap and hotels will be empty and plentiful too. That dream trip for many is financially viable now but, fear is holding people back. You still need to use some common sense but, for many people is a reasonable thing to consider. An overabundance of caution has its own drawbacks too IMHO.

I look at it with the eyes and head of an engineer who has done my fair share of honest detailed data analysis and limited experience as a former entry-level EMT with a sister that teaches nursing. In terms of RELATIVE RISK, I'm personally more concerned about other things. Yes, Wuhan / Coronavirus is serious and unpleasant if you get it. It is unlikely to be fatal for most people (I don't consider myself elderly and, I'm not immuno-compromised either). I say this as someone who lived through Camphlobacter Jujuni with basically only electrolytes and some non-specific low-level antibiotics. I was extremely fit and lost ~40%~50% of my extremely lean muscle mass but, recovered fully after fighting the infection for two weeks with another two weeks to put on enough muscle mass to walk a flight of stairs again, which was a huge change from hiking with nearly a 100 pounds on my back!

Whether anyone feels the need to self-quarantine after the bash is a totally different topic!