Thread: Moving to fast
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #107
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by travismagee View Post
You should not have to babysit and throw a stick of wood on a good stick burner every 15 to 30 minutes. It drives me nuts when I see people writing about how hard stick burning is and how they have to babysit their cooker every 15-30 minutes which steers them away from stick burning. If that's what you are having to do, then your cooker is a bad design and bad build. If I am in a pinch and want to get some rest on a long smoke, I will stick burn for the first 5 or 6 hours with nothing but wood. Thats using about 7 or 8 (roughly 10") splits of wood. I will start with 2 or 3 to get it going and feed 1 every hour. When its time to get some rest, load the basket up with lump.. close up the dampers down and go to bed. Get about 5 hours or so of unattended time to finish the cook and done. You get the same flavor from a full stick burn since you are smoking with wood during the critical time at the beginning of the smoke. Same bark, same texture. Its so easy.

Heck.. if you really dont want to mess with the charcoal.. just smoke with wood for a few hours and finish it in the oven. It will STILL come out better than any pellet smoker out there. I honestly do not see how people who know bbq can eat that pellet smoked garbage.

So let me tell you how I really feel about pellet smokers. lol
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->