Backyard cooking for 500 people!

I counted 21 briskets. Is that right? Looks like you have this under control. Are they all relatively the same size? I know when I've had someone supply the briskets they seem to be all over the map. Some 8lbs, some 15lbs, ungraded, choice, untrimmed, pre-trimmed. Keeps you on your toes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for everyone’s help. The Briskets finished coming off about 1.5 hours before serving time. They estimated up to 500, but ended up with around 300. By the end they had 4 Briskets left over. They turned out well enough that they had an auction at the end on the remaining Briskets. I certainly hope to have one large cooker next time instead of 4 smaller ones, but at least staying up all night gave everyone decent food for the charity event.

Attachments

• 7DF40C59-9AD4-4C3C-B170-F91A9CA9E20F.jpg
    7DF40C59-9AD4-4C3C-B170-F91A9CA9E20F.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 212
food looks great and hey man if you are looking for a bigger smoker you may want to take a look at C.A.P fabrications on facebook . they are in wardensville west Virginia about 100 miles from you, I looked at a 60 from them that is equivalent to a lang 60d with warmer box and they were about $3000.00 cheaper after you figure shipping from lang and they make a damn nice smoker . I am gonna say better quality than lang , 1/4 steel ect ect ect ...

food looks great and hey man if you are looking for a bigger smoker you may want to take a look at C.A.P fabrications on facebook . they are in wardensville west Virginia about 100 miles from you, I looked at a 60 from them that is equivalent to a lang 60d with warmer box and they were about $3000.00 cheaper after you figure shipping from lang and they make a damn nice smoker . I am gonna say better quality than lang , 1/4 steel ect ect ect ...

Thanks! I didn’t know anything about them.

WvQ
well played, looks like You had that Cook dialed in. What did the briskets end up auctioning off for.

Beautiful job and a good deed. You should well be proud. And probably kinda tuckered out too!

Heck yeah! There's a ton of pressure when doing huge cooks like that, but it's rewarding when the finished product makes so many people happy.

Back