• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Orange County Over the Holidays

Keller Steeler

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Heading to Newport, Huntington for the holidays. I do not know how long we will be spending there - It depends on the weather in Big Bear - Brother in Law has a cabin. So, a couple of questions:

Are there any Polish or Russian shops/churches where I can buy some good homemade Pierogie for Xmas close by?

I know there are quite a few OC brethren - where is Big Mista's booth on the weekends?

I read a while back that a couple of Brethren opened a BBQ restaurant/bar in Huntington - what is the name?

Any other must hit BBQ places?

Thanks

Unsure of the Polish/Russian establishments but if you want to meet at Rocke's and Country's place in HB for a sammy and a schooner, gimme a shout.

Newport HB

Do you have dates you'll be in town? A get together is in order! As for Pierogi, Country makes up a mean Pierogi, and you probably could talk him out of some. As for shops/restaurants for them, I will do some research. If it's easier, give me a call on the cell - Chris

I am not sure on the dates, and really won't know until we get there - We are either starting in OC or going right to the mountains. I will be out there the 20th-29th, so as soon as I know the plan, I will let you guys know. I should have a better idea Sunday.

A gathering would be great. Will keep you posted and thanks

Some of my best and worst memories of childhood
are from the drive back to Southern Illinois
every couple of years
Enjoy SoCal Brother

Going up to the Mountains when we get in today. I will let you know once I figure out when we are coming down so we can try to meet up.

I might be up for a Monday lunch.

Anyone been to that new (to me) BBQ joint in old town Tustin?

Just to get a "Big Mista" sighting, I might come by Monday. Where are you guys thinking of going? Isn't Country and Rockes place any good? :rolleyes:

Back