• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smitty’s Pellet Pooper Ponderings

The Knockoff might be Good for You, Paul.........
That grill is licensed by Fast Eddy to be made by Englander just like he licensed Cookshack so it's not really not a knockoff. Different controller, not SS and a couple other minor changes but pretty much a PG500, I would go with the PG500 but that's just me.

That grill is licensed by Fast Eddy to be made by Englander just like he licensed Cookshack so it's not really not a knockoff. Different controller, not SS and a couple other minor changes but pretty much a PG500, I would go with the PG500 but that's just me.

The Englander is sold by Home Depot

The Englander is sold by Home Depot
I'm aware of that, Lowes sells one too called Summers Heat, Fast Eddy has a patent on the grill design and has licensed other companies besides Cook Shack to build the grill.

IMnotalwaysHO

Smitty, if you are considering the Smoke n Sear, it seems really good. I have had my head inside one at a local Sutherlands and it is designed so there is an all around cooking ability--searing food in one area, or bbq low and slow in another. The others you are looking at are good too

Well Right Now I don’t Have the Funds. But, there’s no Real reason to get one - except To Master another cooker - but that would only take a week or 2 or so - then maybe I’m Bored with it.?
That’s Why I said I’d to borrow one for a Month n See........ Burnt At Both Endz graciously offered to loan me a BadAzz Pooper for a month but we are A Lil’ more than down the road from each other....... :twitch:

That’s Why I said I’d to borrow one for a Month n See........ Burnt At Both Endz graciously offered to loan me a BadAzz Pooper for a month but we are A Lil’ more than down the road from each other....... :twitch:

Yeah, I damn sure wish we lived closer to each other...….I could use some of those sub 2 dollar briskets.:doh::mrgreen:

there’s no Real reason to get one

R7o5eOel.jpg

Once you start using one you will be a convert just like the rest of us!

I'd go RecTec given the feedback I've received from everyone I've spoken to about theirs.

If you come across a used Cookshack just about anything that would be an awesome score.

I bought my FEC-100 used 6+ years ago with a manufacture date of Feb 2010. I recently did a major controller upgrade which was expensive but they cut me a HUGE break on the deal and the cooker is damn near fool-proof, and I can be pretty foolish.

Oh, and it turns out award winning (grand champion upon occasion) BBQ. :)

Back