• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Question for Shirley Fab Owners: Wagon Wheels worth it?

Another option is to get it configured like Jed’s....(charred Aprons).... it’s the only one we’ve done but it’s easy to move...it has a receiver upfront and one of our heavy built Dolly’s.... the 12 inch chromes roll better and are actuall less expensive..... I’ll. Try and find pics and a video.....

Another option is to get it configured like Jed’s....(charred Aprons).... it’s the only one we’ve done but it’s easy to move...it has a receiver upfront and one of our heavy built Dolly’s.... the 12 inch chromes roll better and are actuall less expensive..... I’ll. Try and find pics and a video.....
Thank you very much. That would be helpful.

I'll go digging to try and find that as well. I think I remember seeing pics somewhere.

Thank you for taking the time to respond here. I appreciate it.

LOL I was typing a response for him that mentioned this exact thing TQ.

I think this is the best of both worlds for the patio modle, if you get removable like I was going to do, you can pull it with a tractor of 4 wheeler anywhere you want and make final adjustments with the handle or get the dolly that they make.

Cook chamber at 250:
Outside bottom of fb wall - 170
Outside top of fb wall - 280
Inside fb wall - 600

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would second Beentown on the insulated firebox option. My horizontal offset had no insulation but I found little difference smoking in cold rain, sleet, or snow in terms of maintaining temp or wood usage. So long as the smoker is made with properly thick steel, which obviously will be the case with yours, it should work fine in Chicago weather. And when my kids were little they learned to avoid the firebox pretty quickly.

Can't speak for the effect on the paint or the looks -- I certainly understand if you think it just looks better, it might be hard to get your mind around dropping it.

Measured the uninsulated firebox today at the bash. It was 480+ when the cook chamber was at 250.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a 24/42 with warming cabinet smallest shirley made. I had Tyler add a removable trailer receptacle. I move it around by hand on pavement any snow or ice you are not moving it by yourself way to heavy I'm 6.0 210lbs on grass not a chance I use atv to move around property most time

Thanks Scott

I have a 24/42 with warming cabinet smallest shirley made. I had Tyler add a removable trailer receptacle. I move it around by hand on pavement any snow or ice you are not moving it by yourself way to heavy I'm 6.0 210lbs on grass not a chance I use atv to move around property most time

Thanks Scott
So standard patio model with trailer hitch?

Yes standard patio 24/42 with warming box. The cooker is awesome cook on it once a week year round. The fire box is non insulated no problem in winter. Just make sure the tongue is long enough so it won't hinder turning. Also if it's to short their wont be enough leverage to lift onto Ball cooker is very heavy.

Thanks Scott

Hey rebelleader, I just got an initial order in a couple of months ago. Similar setup as yours, 24x50 patio model, no elevated cabinet, warmer, hip roof on chamber and warmer,... Initial order is for custom golf cart wheels on back and standard pneumatic on front, no wagon wheel style, just standard handle. Hoping this is a bit easier to move around. I agree it might not look quite as good but is a good compromise. I’m with ya on the aesthetics thing for sure!

Yes standard patio 24/42 with warming box. The cooker is awesome cook on it once a week year round. The fire box is non insulated no problem in winter. Just make sure the tongue is long enough so it won't hinder turning. Also if it's to short their wont be enough leverage to lift onto Ball cooker is very heavy.

Thanks Scott

Any chance you can post up a few pics to showcase this option?

Back