View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #804
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AClarke44 View Post
That's odd, I would have thought the wind would make it hotter.....good information to know.

As far as the charcoal goes I've even noticed the open bags seem to take longer to light. Matter of fact one of the reasons I started using a propane turkey fryer burner to light my chimney is because some of the charcoal seemed to take forever to light. Even though humidity is pretty low in Oklahoma I bet it was still getting to my coals based on where I store them. Especially if it rains the storage area gets humid! Never put the two together though....duh!
Humidity does make a difference and to a degree the charcoal does absorb some but not as much as you think.

With humidity it's important to have a small hot fire established then it's not as big of a factor. Too often people start cooking when the fire isn't established then is when humidity can drag the fire down...Kinda of like a load on it.

When you see a good section of coals really red hot glowing it will power through it no problem. So it doesn't matter how much humidity you have if you have the proper ratio of lit coals...each one produces so much BTU's

Remember what you have to have to make a fire....Triangle of fuel, oxygen and heat. Opening that vent and allowing more oxygen is the accelerant it needs to get the fire hotter so the humidity doesn't cool it down as much. Humidity is taking away heat

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->