Chefs Table BBQ is up on Netflix

Looking forward to watching those! :hungry:

I watched it last night also and really enjoyed it I HIGHLY recommend it.

I watched the one with Tootsie from Snow BBQ in Texas.
After hearing her story I'm not sure how anyone could not feel heart felt for the struggles she has went through and highly respect her.

Seeing Mrs. Tootsie shovel that coal takes me back to how I learned to bbq. Would shovel the coals into the cooker. Feel the temp of the pit by hand....

...now I cook on a WSM and I wanna know the exact temperature of everything.

Thanks for the tip on this show. I saw the first episode last night, which was great! Makes me want to go on a BBQ road trip!

I had the chance to visit Snow's last year. All the meats were fantastic especially the pork steak and chicken. I got the chance to talk with Tootsie for a few minutes and it was a pleasure. I hope to visit again once they can re open. Rodney Scott's place is high on my list as well.

Great series. I watched the first two episodes. Time for a road trip to get to Snow's.

I also appreciated the creative ideas from the chef in the second episode. He cooks everything over coals or live fire. Awesome!!!

I watched the first 3 episodes today and I enjoyed the one with Snows and Rodney Scott, but the Australian guy who grills everything on fire just wasn't interesting to me. Just as my own personal preference I'd rather these types of shows focus more on the BBQ and less on the person cooking the BBQ. A backstory is a great leap into the reason for people cooking in a certain manner, but this "artsy" style of creating drama through very slow segments is frustrating to me.

As always to each their own.

I watched the first 3 episodes today and I enjoyed the one with Snows and Rodney Scott, but the Australian guy who grills everything on fire just wasn't interesting to me. Just as my own personal preference I'd rather these types of shows focus more on the BBQ and less on the person cooking the BBQ. A backstory is a great leap into the reason for people cooking in a certain manner, but this "artsy" style of creating drama through very slow segments is frustrating to me.

I appreciate the Australian guy’s love of everything flame, but all of the equipment he was cooking on looked brand new and shiny. I dunno why but it really bothered me.

I watched it last night also and really enjoyed it I HIGHLY recommend it.

I watched the one with Tootsie from Snow BBQ in Texas.
After hearing her story I'm not sure how anyone could not feel heart felt for the struggles she has went through and highly respect her.

After eating there, those pork steaks are my unicorn. I've chased them both in restaurants and at home for years and I've never had another like hers.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr

I loved his episode. That's my favorite form of cooking and what I do 90% of the time, albeit with way less finesse.

I crushed 2 episodes last night and the Rodney Scott episode this afternoon.

Thoroughly enjoyable thus far. Interesting to see different approaches to barbecue from the most simple and humble beginnings of Rodney and Tootsie to the thoroughly interesting "fine dining," "let's hit everything with fire and see what happens" option. I think they all have their place this world, even if I doubt I'd ever be able to afford to visit the latter.

Rodney Scott has been a food icon for me for years, as a Tarheel from just across the border. It was great to peek behind the curtain to his rise and attention as a James Beard Award Winning Chef.

Tomorrow, I'll hit up the last episode from the Mayan culture (if I recall correctly) that sounds thoroughly interesting and a bit "off the beaten path," but yet still connects the North and South "Of the Border" via fire, meat, and smoke.

These programs have been well done from the start, no matter what you take from them... thoroughly interesting, that's for sure.

Thanks again, Chuck. This is great stuff.

Back