• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Florida vending - roadside and fairs ???

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
If there's anybody in Florida that vends and has the necessary licenses I'd sure like to talk with you for a few minutes. I've been out to the State websites and it looks to me like any "mobile" vending unit must have a commisary. Is that true or can you license a trailer if it has the proper refrigeration, water, etc?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new trailer and was seriously considering being in Florida from Jan - March. That of course depends on site plan approval and licenses. My old trailer is an approved STFU here in MI and I know what I need to get the new one approved here.

You can PM me with a number and good time to call and I'll call you to save you the charges.

Thanks in advance.

Qq

If there's anybody in Florida that vends and has the necessary licenses I'd sure like to talk with you for a few minutes. I've been out to the State websites and it looks to me like any "mobile" vending unit must have a commisary. Is that true or can you license a trailer if it has the proper refrigeration, water, etc?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new trailer and was seriously considering being in Florida from Jan - March. That of course depends on site plan approval and licenses. My old trailer is an approved STFU here in MI and I know what I need to get the new one approved here.

You can PM me with a number and good time to call and I'll call you to save you the charges.

Thanks in advance.

Talk to Dr BBQ... He had a little experience doing that kind of stuff in Florida... I don't tbhink he's doing it anymore though...

Ford, i chat with several guys from Florida on the Smokering forum.
Yes, you have to have a comissary to roadside vend. :?:

Maybe check in over there, they'd be very helpful.

I vend and cater in Florida with a self contained and self-sufficient trailer licensed as a Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicle. You are required to have a commissary kitchen for fresh and gray water, grease and washing items too big to fit into your triple sink, and are required to report in on a given schedule, which may range from daily to as needed, based on the equipment on your trailer, how frequently you work, and level of disposables used.

Commissary kitchen can be any HD or Dept. of Ag licensed commercial kitchen. PM or call me if you need additional info. Costs average $30 per month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back