Is this the evolution of 'Cowgirls' fatty piston?

Bob that is great. Just looking at the vid it appears to be CPVC used which has a more beige color than the standard white. CPVC is measured according to outside diameter where as PVC is measured inside diameter. The hole is bigger on a 3/4" elbow fitting with PVC than CPVC. The reason for CPVC is that it takes much higher water temps than PVC. It's used for water heating connections etc. I would never use it as long as copper piping is available.

I also noticed the plastic bottle and can appeared to be metric instead of S.A.E. May need to experiment with a few bottles cans and fitting to get a tight fit.

Just my .02 and very neat.

Thanks Jeanie!
After putting some (actual) thought into it, it probably wouldn't be too hard to make one.
Might have to bring that idea to reality.

Bob,

Five pieces.
Plunger: T, Straight, Cap - glue together
Sleeve: Straight, cap - no glue.

Put plastic wrap over straight piece and cover with cap.
Fill using plunger to pack.
Once filled, remove cap and push out with plunger.

Agreed Toast. I think I'm going to find an appropriate sized pipe (maybe 3" PVC), and make the handle, rod and piston out of "something" I've got in the workshop. haha

(For the record, I've talked to plumbers and they HATE CPVC. I've got one bathroom that's CPVC, but the rest of my house is PEX, which is a gift from God as far as I'm concerned. Last I checked copper was $25 for 10', and 100' roll of PEX was $40.)

I made one of Jeanie's devices, it was easy and works great. I will play around with a few fittings, it should be easy to reduce the size of tube of the cylinder, and fit it with an elbow.

Last edited:
On the contrary, I've got myself some 3" PVC.
I figure, I'll mix some spices, herbs, onions, etc.. into the pork sausage, and run it through the piston. Then, I can wrap in bacon and smoke the (massively large diameter) fattie.
The goal here would be to have a fattie that I can slice "medallions" out of, that would be about the diameter of a "Grands" biscuit (since I can't seem to make bread that tastes better).
In the vein of the thread, and the Kofta idea, I foresee an "adaptor" on the end of the piston that would poop out the smaller diameter "meat tubes" on the stick.
I'm looking forward to what comes next. Hoping y'all follow this, and "run with it".
What have you got?

For those not wanting another project...

It is available at Amazon, through the BBQ-Brethren affiliate link first, of course...

Easy Kabob Maker

51SJrcAuuQL.jpg

Mike "Dodis"

Ya know, for that price it's not worth trying to make one. Thanks man!
Although, I still like the idea of a HUGE one to make large diameter fatties that will fit a "Grands" biscuit

Back