BBQ Chicken wings. the bomb!!!

W

wildfire00

BBQing chicken wings are something that has always kind of made me wonder how???. Now I know most people are probably saying “really ???” but yes, really. I thought that you would have to do a ton of different steps to make this work. Even when I read about it, it sounds difficult. I think people do this so as to deter people from trying and then that way they look like a grilling god. Well here it is. This is my process and it’s freaking simple man.

First off buy yourself a couple or a few pounds of good fresh chicken wings. At Costco you can pick up a good size package, about 4 to 5 lbs for 20 bucks. Get those chicks home and open up that package. In a bowl you want to mix 1 cup of soy or more depending on the amount of wings. Add minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder and some water or chicken broth. This is to just dilute the soy a bit and add some more juice to marinade the wings in, also add some oil to this mix as well. Mix well. Now throw your wings in the bowl and make sure they are well covered with the marinade. I let these marinade for about 18 hours. Make sure you cover your bowl of wings and marinade and leave in the fridge. Every few hours you can give the bowl a fresh shake to make sure everything is constantly covered. I probably did this about three or four times. Obviously not while I was sleeping of course. Now you want to get your bbq to sit around 275-300 Fahrenheit. Make sure you pull the wings out of the fridge about an hour before cooking time. This will regulate the temp of the wings so that they aren’t completely cold inside and warm outside. This way you will get a more consistent cook on the wings. Now that the wings are at room temp and the grill is ready, you want to add a bit of oil to the wings and on the grill, this will prevent sticking. Now if you have a cooking grill that doesn’t have large openings you can, as I did just throw them directly on the grill. If not you can pick up a grilling basket that has a bunch of holes in it to let the fire and heat through. This product will work as well. Close the lid and leave for about 7-10 mins. Don’t try to move the wings off they are sticking to the grill. If they are sticking this is the telltale sign that they aren’t ready. When they are ready, flip them over and continue grilling for another 10 mins. These little guys came off the grill and I let them hangout covered for about 10 more mins. Now they are ready to devour.
Enjoy these bad boys with your friends and or family and I am sure they will not be disappointed.
Take care and keep the fire hot. www.wildfirecooking.com

Have you tried to "hold" them, say to take to a picnic or gathering. Will thy stay just as good in a hot box or 'cooler' for a few hrs? Im going to try your recipe. thx for sharing.

I'm saving this recipe for tailgating this winter! I'm still holding out hope for a NFL season. >>

Have you tried to "hold" them, say to take to a picnic or gathering. Will thy stay just as good in a hot box or 'cooler' for a few hrs? Im going to try your recipe. thx for sharing.

Hi Beerguy, I wish I could say yes to your question but I usually have a bunch of guys hanging over the bbq just waiting till they are done. So to hold them is impossible. try it and let me know how it goes.

Regards, wildfire

I often get those big bags of wings from Costco but I'm not so fond of soy or teriyaki marinades. I often coat my wings in cajun seasoning and flour mixed with corn meal to make crunchy Bbq wings or sometimes I marinate them in Cholula and make hot buffalo style wings. There are lots of flavorings to use on wings for sure but cooking them beside the coals is my favorite way to roast them. Yeah, I'm a big wing fan.

Man, I love chicken wings. Just seeing that picture makes my mouth water. There is nothing better than grilling out on my deck, sit on my bar stools and drink a beer. I love summer! :)

BBQing chicken wings are something that has always kind of made me wonder how???. Now I know most people are probably saying “really ???” but yes, really. I thought that you would have to do a ton of different steps to make this work. Even when I read about it, it sounds difficult. I think people do this so as to deter people from trying and then that way they look like a grilling god. Well here it is. This is my process and it’s freaking simple man.

First off buy yourself a couple or a few pounds of good fresh chicken wings. At Costco you can pick up a good size package, about 4 to 5 lbs for 20 bucks. Get those chicks home and open up that package. In a bowl you want to mix 1 cup of soy or more depending on the amount of wings. Add minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder and some water or chicken broth. This is to just dilute the soy a bit and add some more juice to marinade the wings in, also add some oil to this mix as well. Mix well. Now throw your wings in the bowl and make sure they are well covered with the marinade. I let these marinade for about 18 hours. Make sure you cover your bowl of wings and marinade and leave in the fridge. Every few hours you can give the bowl a fresh shake to make sure everything is constantly covered. I probably did this about three or four times. Obviously not while I was sleeping of course. Now you want to get your bbq to sit around 275-300 Fahrenheit. Make sure you pull the wings out of the fridge about an hour before cooking time. This will regulate the temp of the wings so that they aren’t completely cold inside and warm outside. This way you will get a more consistent cook on the wings. Now that the wings are at room temp and the grill is ready, you want to add a bit of oil to the wings and on the grill, this will prevent sticking. Now if you have a cooking grill that doesn’t have large openings you can, as I did just throw them directly on the grill. If not you can pick up a grilling basket that has a bunch of holes in it to let the fire and heat through. This product will work as well. Close the lid and leave for about 7-10 mins. Don’t try to move the wings off they are sticking to the grill. If they are sticking this is the telltale sign that they aren’t ready. When they are ready, flip them over and continue grilling for another 10 mins. These little guys came off the grill and I let them hangout covered for about 10 more mins. Now they are ready to devour.
Enjoy these bad boys with your friends and or family and I am sure they will not be disappointed.
Take care and keep the fire hot. www.wildfirecooking.com

http://tinyurl.com/dllb8

Back