View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #10
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
Does that also apply if you are selling baked goods under the cottage law?
Well, I believe so unless you have a specific example. I'm very pro small business.

For what it's worth.... Wyoming has the best cottage food and food freedom law in the United States. They passed the Wyoming Food Freedom Act in 2015 making us the first state to eliminate most regulations on local homemade food sales.

Unlike most states, Wyoming residents can sell ANY kind of food, as long as it does not contain meat (and some meat and poultry products are allowed, for those who qualify). This allows types of products that are not even close to being considered in most other states, like veggie lasagnas, soups, ice cream, salads, smoothies, cheese, raw milk… the list goes on and on.

For the first five years, only direct, in-person sales were allowed, and foods needed to be consumed within a private home. After a couple relatively minor amendments in 2017, Wyoming significantly amended the law in 2020. That amendment enabled indirect sales (at grocery stores, retail locations, etc) and wholesaling of nonperishable foods. Also, the home consumption restriction was removed entirely, allowing items like wedding cakes (items that would not likely be consumed in a private home). The 2020 amendment also added a $250,000 sales limit. Aside from that, there are ZERO regulations from any governmental agency: that means no permits, inspections, licensing, fees, zoning approval, etc. The only exception is a very minimal labeling requirement for nonperishable foods sold in retail stores.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->