Fine needle injector?

NelsonC

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I normally do my injections with a standard green cajun injector, but I've been looking for something with a slightly narrower needle. I pretty much want to inject with a thin liquid (no particles) and don't want to make such big holes in the meat. Does anyone have any experience with a meat injector with a pretty thin needle? Thanks in advance.

-NelsonC

Target and Big Lots have been my source of thin needles for a long time. Vet supplies, farm and home type stores will usually have them also. Thinner neekles are my choice so one doesn't leave gaping holes to leak. 1/8th inch is my choice.A spice or coffee grinder gets the seasonings down to injectable sizes also. Steve.

I second Early Mornin smokin's testimony.

I've used my wifes diabetic syringes. I think they're 28 guage or finer yet. I wouldn't recommend it. It takes all day long to inject something with any good amount of fluid. In fact, I gave up before it made any difference.

Maybe look for a 16g needle, since Early morning said that 18g took a long time too.

Let us know if you find anything worthwhile.

I second the farm store. You can get luer lock syringe and a wide variety of needles for them (so you can use a small one when you want or a large one if you need to move some solids). Ask them about swine and cattle needles. Neogen (used to be Ideal) makes some detectable needles in case you break one off in the meat (http://www.neogen.com/animalsafety/AS_I_Product_List.asp?Inst_ID=200). There's enough production ag north and south of Chesapeake that they shouldn't be hard to come by. Do yourself a favor and get the aluminum hub, they hold up better than the poly hub models. PrimaTech makes a good needle and syringe as well and you could probably fashion a bottle that fits their vaccinators (primatechusa.com).

Back