My custom vertical off-set build Thread!!

Showed up to my buddies house this morning, He's already been making good progress! He put the firebox together, cut the firebox entrance hole in the cook chamber. Still needs to cut the hole in the firebox.

IMG_1162_zpszlyqn6tf.jpg

We're working on the firebox door now. here's what we have so far with a door and intake hole marked out.
IMG_1165_zpssga1l2kn.jpg

Here's the cook chamber and firebox together. I keep saying this but this thing is huge!
IMG_1164_zps3tauqrqy.jpg

I had to travel to the same place I got the metal to get materials for the cart! This things gonna be built like a tank!

Think we might take a break from it and go fishing tomorrow! But we will be working on the smokers structure next.

If the door goes to the bottom with the intake in the door it's much easier to clean out the ash.

I've got a mini vac! but really I'm not sure what he has planned for it. this is just an outline of whats happening. But I also think we are going to make an ash pan. Its all in the works right now.

Making good progress today! It was an interesting experience getting everything put together! Looks like we're shooting for painting Friday/Saturday! Depending on weather of course!

IMG_1177_zpsukuxmg8l.jpg

IMG_1180_zpskeknamce.jpg

Decided to go with One Temp gauge! I'll run oven gauges on the bottom. It just looks better with one!
IMG_1183_zpsb0eoilf9.jpg

Looking pretty good! I'm excited! This thing takes minimal effort to move around! I can push it with one finger pretty much. Glad I chose the 10" wheels.

We are also going to run cross bars around the legs to add some more structure.

Back