My custom vertical off-set build Thread!!

Well here's an update. Things are moving quicker than expected. Got the Cook chamber tacked together. Got a few shots for you guys!

IMG_1142_zpsqyrikuha.jpg

IMG_1144_zpszx02wsgy.jpg

What's that double tank/keg Turd in the background......?

LOL, that's my buddies smoker. It works great! He hasn't got around to painting it yet! He's been producing some nice Q out of it! It was scrap propane tanks I had laying around.

Anyways Here's a picture of the inside of the cooking chamber. Going to grind the top front of the chamber smooth. The top fit better with the factory edge in. It's all wielded so looks like I need hinges soon!

IMG_1149_zpshjojh84l.jpg

Figure out where your angle for racks are gonna be then add a brace side to side under middle location.

Figure out where your angle for racks are gonna be then add a brace side to side under middle location.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the plan. I think we're going to cut the boxes first then go from there. Should be able to fit 4 racks comfortably for cooking almost anything.

I'd get her braced - just in case y'all dump it over or get hot welding and tries to warp or twist.......but then 3/16" is probally fine

I'd get her braced - just in case y'all dump it over or get hot welding and tries to warp or twist.......but then 3/16" is probally fine

I call it caddywomp prevention...........

It's pretty solid. But it will be braced and all that! Not sure what else he has plans on this evening. The missus and I are going out to find paint, hinges, and other supplies. If I can't find the paint in the next town over I'll have to order it online. Need to order it before the end of the weekend if that's what I have to do. The spray cans are available locally but we're going to spray it down with a good first coat of paint with a spray gun instead of using a rattle can.

Walmart sells Quarts here.

Wish they did here! They only have the spray cans. I'll order a quart online tonight no big deal.

I guess I'm going backwards here, but Here's a couple photo's I missed.

This is the materials as a whole after unloading it from the truck
whole_zpsahulvwch.jpg

Here's the cook chamber cut into pieces. We only needed 1 sheet of the 3/16". Maybe I have enough left to make a waming box? :thumb: Don't need one LOL.
13087443_233910596997923_4872117228703253384_n_zpsplpdgqjq.jpg

Done Yet.? :loco:

I know!

I was expecting to see an initial burn by now :becky:

LOL, Nope. Haven't got started on it today. My buddy had some other commitments he had to take care of this morning! Waiting for him to get home. I'm cooking a couple pork butts! I'll post updates later this evening!

here's a picture to hold you fellas over for a bit!
IMG_1150_zpso7nojxwn.jpg

Update: 3 hours into the cook!
IMG_1151_zps8jyo7lcy.jpg

Alright enough food stuff! Back to the smoker!!!!!:thumb:
Got the door wielded on, Everything is square. Smitty, we're adding the brace in the middle soon. Just making sure everything is squared before supports go in. It's pretty sturdy as is!

Unfortunately we had to stop and go get a resupply of oxygen for the torch! Also have someone going to pick up 10" caster wheels for this beast!

Going to trip the top, bottom and the right side of the door with angle iron to seal around the box.

IMG_1152_zpsbvpbj1nk.jpg

Well We've got the door attached to the cook chamber, A few pieces of the firebox cut. Made the firebox entrance measurements and markings. Came to a conclusion that we should be working on building the cart for this beast and build from there.

IMG_1159_zpsong72054.jpg

My tires showed up this evening! This thing is gonna be a beast on wheels!
IMG_1160_zps471cehoo.jpg

Once we got this done It ended up being dinner time! Decided to close up shop for this evening.

Pulled pork turned out really good! Sent a whole butt over to them and kept one for myself. This is the last cook on any smoker until the new one is finished! Looks like the blackstone needs some love!

IMG_1156_zpsplcgn0f1.jpg

IMG_1157_zpszqcxci0h.jpg

Everything seems pretty fast. My buddy is working on this smoker at his own pace. He has a life, and other commitments so there's no time schedule. This project is a week ahead of schedule anyways! Wasn't suppose to start this next week.

Glad he's able to made this much progress on it! I'm excited.

I have to travel and pick up materials for the cart! We have a plan on how to build a cart for this thing, but its pretty much the next step. We have to build the cart and finish building the smoker on top of it. If anyone has other suggestions on building the cart for this We're open to suggestions. We just have a rough sketch of an idea at the moment.

Now I'm going to eat! :thumb:

Back