5 Year Butts. Plus 1. Semi live. (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So, the butts are not 5 years old. But my daughter is. And my son is 1. They had birthdays this week and tomorrow we will be having roughly 70 folks over to the house to celebrate.

For the party I will be cooking 8 butts, 10 lbs of chicken, no idea what the chicken will be. It's coming up the mountain with someone else. But whatever it is I'll cook it.

Sides of cornbread, tater salad and bbq beans.

On Sunday we will be serving a smaller group a late night beef snack of 3 prime briskets. So rather than shutting things down and starting right back up again I'll just roll one cook into the next.

I'm going to do my best to keep updates coming every couple of hours after 2200 pacific time.

Happy Birthday Evie Joy and Henry!

Starting with my usual cast of characters.
1h2XHYYl.jpg

There is also about 20lbs of bacon in the fridge that i finished up last night.

Brisket not pictured.

Looks like you got this handled Josh, tuned in

Getting the fixins ready for the bbq beans. Don't really want to have to do that tomorrow while things are busy. I'll get all the veggies chopped. Now off to trim and rub some meat.

ebbSakXl.jpg

Also got some vinegar sauce all made up. Love me some vinegar sauce on pulled pork.

BLvUCG6l.jpg

Update.

So there was what we would call a bit of confusion at the store the other day while purchasing a case of pork. That forced me to go to another location to buy my meat. I usually have IBP, but Farmer John was all this store carried. So I'm giving it a try. So far there is a lot less trimming needed but the butchering on the boneless is far worse than IBP. And the cryo vac smell is different. not worse, just not what I'm used too.

n9RdVg7l.jpg

4lmGLNdl.jpg

peQhi5Ol.jpg

What a great way to spend the day! Happy Birthday to your helpers, Josh!
Your feast is going to be amazing. Looks and sounds delicious! :grin:

Update

Butts are off! Way faster than ever before. But i'd rather hold longer than be late.

The early brisket is on and the other 2 in an hour or so.
xcfX6Sbl.jpg

Back