View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #90
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
You're exactly right Andrew. Not that i matters but a standard UDS can do the identical same thing but it's just not as effective as it should be or as efficient as a regular grill like a kettle.

Anyone can do what i did to hang meat..I took a cooking grate ( I got a cheapie from Meijer) and cut out the bars except for the ones by the handle and hung rebar from handle side to handle side....the 22.5 I can do 3 rebars exactly like Chicken in a Barrel in Hawaii does. Point being these barrel cookers can be made to do everything but it's just some (as an example) like the BP can grill better. ( or like Bob's setup) Just what i like about the BP is because it's a bigger drum the outer is bigger for indirect cookng.
I really like the size of the PBC for my needs. If I wanted a 55 gallon size I would probably just go with Big Poppa like you did. Mainly because of the intake slides and because I don't wanna make everything.
That's a big reason for my PBC purchase, it works and I didn't have to "work" to get it. And again, I like the size. I was looking at possibly getting an 18.5 wsm before I got the PBC. I just like that size. Who knows about the future!
22.5 Crimson Weber Premium
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turker Fryer
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Black Weber OTG (Happy Hapgood)
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
28” Blackstone Pro Series
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco

Check out the PBC Appreciation Thread!
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210239[/url]
AClarke44 is offline   Reply With Quote