• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Life’s Gravitational Pull

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It’s funny what pulls you in. The Fatty. Here I am on injured reserve list, but I am going to cook. Couple reasons. Bargain bin ground beef that needed cooking, I’m out of Fatty. That ain’t right in anyone’s orbit. Then there’s my poor man’s Looflighter. A heat gun that had been setting by the patio door many weeks if not months. I have Starter squares, me and extension cords have a dark history, and like I said I’m on injured reserve. Monday holiday we used to always spend in Red River N.M. there is a small diner called Shotgun Willies. Back in the day after skiing, snowmobiles whatever we’d eat there. The only seasoning they used was Lawry’s. So a Sunday drive down memory lane, and a Fatty

Last edited:
All my BGE friends have Looflighters. I think it's the law. No laws in the MSU universe. I lit about a dozen briquettes then added lump and lit it. First rodeo and rode it out.

Last edited:
Injured or not, still gotta eat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

amen and aMEN

Shotgun Willis and Texas Reds... The good old days ...

My folks had a new Chevy Suburban in ‘85 (I was 14...)... Midnight blue, tomato red freehand pinstripes ...

Headed from Red River to Angel Fire about 11 o’clock at night...

My buddy who is riding in the passenger seat front (I’m riding on the center console) realizes that if he hits the “button” for the window up, while the window is up, the amp meter goes down, and the headlights dim...

I point it out to my dad as my buddy plays it up hitting the switch...

“WE’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!!!”

“The damn alternator is gone and this is going to be baaaaddd...
My old man announces...

Turns out we made it through the driving snow, past Eagles Ladning lake and into AngelFire around Midnight... All was well...

The next morning we came clean.

We got our arses chewed out...

Just awesome times...

Last edited:
Those are some delicious looking memories.

I miss flying up by Angel Fire on the IR-109... except when high winds from the West crested the mountain ridges and kicked our collective arses all over the sky.

Back