• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Prime Picanha oh my!

rovster

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just got done with this. Primo working overtime today! Prime Picanha (sirloin cap) with homemade chimichurri, grilled corn, and grilled sweet potato wedges with spicy ketchup. Ketchup has horseradish, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Used Some of my rib rub on the wedges.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic! How did you cook the Picahna?

Sliced into steaks with grain about 1” thick. Dry brine with salt then a sprinkle of garlic powder and black pepper right before throw on grill. Indirect heat for about 10 min and blast on the cast iron grate. Pull at 125ish. Slice crosswise to serve. Top with chimichurri....delicious!

Interior of the meat is cooked prefect but I'm drooling on the exterior appearance. Nicely done!

I hate to admit but I discovered this cut only within last 2 years, despite being a meat lover my whole life. I’m sure I’ve had it before as I’ve been to many Brazilian steakhouses but it was probably just tasty meat on a stick then. It’s definitely tasty and part of the rotation now in my family. I know it’s not traditional but I love it paired with fresh chimichurri. If you haven’t tried that combo you need to and super easy to throw together.

I'd pay for that exact plate at a restaurant and be very happy!

Only thing is Guga would be pretty upset with you for tarnishing the Queen of meets with pepper and garlic powder :mrgreen:

I'd pay for that exact plate at a restaurant and be very happy!

Only thing is Guga would be pretty upset with you for tarnishing the Queen of meets with pepper and garlic powder :mrgreen:

LMAO I love his videos but down here in SoFlo gotta have a little garlic on everything! It’s was just a light sprinkle though;)

Back