Rotisserie'd spatchcock chicken on the bird barrel

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Nothing beats a bit of fire licking your chicken:becky:

This spatchcocked chicken was cooked on the rotisserie over a wood fire. Man I haven't spin a bird in forever

Au6rj3sl.jpg

JtWh4hyl.jpg

Beautiful bird in a basket, Steve! Nothing beats the taste of chicken cooked over a wood fire.

That looks great! Do you find a definite advantage of spatchcocked rotisserie vs traditional (flavor, time)?

That looks great.

I keep meaning to get one of those spinney chicken cages with the results you folks keep posting on here.

That looks great! Do you find a definite advantage of spatchcocked rotisserie vs traditional (flavor, time)?

Slight differences. You get the basting effect plus sped up cook time, presentation and easy carving of spactchcock. The disadvantage was the thighs didn't cook well, they were tucked behind and didn't cook as fast. I like thighs well over 180. May have been due to problems with the basket, it was slipping. What can I say I'm rusty. It's been a few years.
That looks great.

I keep meaning to get one of those spinney chicken cages with the results you folks keep posting on here.

Looks like I need a new one too. Let me know if you find a good one. I would like one bigger.

Man that's a beautiful bird. One of these days I really need to try something like that

That looks great.

Do it, Marc! A total chicken game changer for us. I'll never go back to spinning whole birds again.

Do it, Marc! A total chicken game changer for us. I'll never go back to spinning whole birds again.

I prefer this method because it cooks more evenly, it's easier to get seasoning and heat+smoke on all sides, and it's easier to cut after cooking compared to a whole bird.

Very Nice! I may have to see about a rotisserie and a chicken cage... :thumb:

That looks great.

I prefer this method because it cooks more evenly, it's easier to get seasoning and heat+smoke on all sides, and it's easier to cut after cooking compared to a whole bird.

It was THIS post of yours(which I am most grateful for!) that got me to order that miracle basket, a life changing grilling accessory if there ever was one:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282192

C61-A4992-6-C6-F-4664-AF8-F-A9024177-F472.jpg

Back