hello from mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.

grill 'em all

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
brand new guy (1st post)..ready to fit in (try to)..i want some good natured ribbin,inside jokes,the whole nine yards..seriously guys i'm glad to be here and cant wait to get to know yall..i will need lots of insight and guidance from all of you..i'm at a real crossroads in my next move of bbq..thanks in advance for any help in the future..cheers...:-D

Welcome to the best forum on the planet, its chock full of food and food related activities....and a few UNrelated activities too.
Jump right on in and ask as many questions as you like. Someone will know the answer...and a few of us will fake it. :-D

Welcome from the Cornpatch. Enjoy and prepare to learn some good recipes and cooking techniques.

thanks for the quick reply guys..my story goes like this:my dad handed down his "trusty" $30 wal-mart grill to me when i moved out in '92..many,many burgers n steaks later,i made my 1st attempt at low n slow by placin bricks in the middle of that HUGE 24X24 cheapo grill and had charcoal on 1 side of the bricks n meat on the other..now i'm in the big time..my product was eatable enough(barely)..i blamed the holes in bottom of grill for taste quality..hey i was 23..many yrs. later,stepped up to the brinkmann smoke n pit..wore it out,got another 1..still usin it (via road signs,wire ties, etc,etc..) i know there is something much,much better out there,but,hey i'm turnin out really great product on this piece of junk..when i say i'm tied to this (semi) pit,i aint kiddin.. always workin to keep temp. up or down,coals tended,yall know the drill..i want somethin better,much better..easier to tend,hold temp.,all that..ready to spend big bucks,but,not if i dont have to..i just want a "real" pit that will not leak,hold temp and just let me turn out great product AND enjoy my crown n coke at the SAME TIME..when i dream,i dream big..

Welcome to our crazy little club house! You might want to check out the UDS thread - there's a ton of reading there, but you can put together a reliable, fuel-efficient smoker for about a hundred bucks. ;>)

Welcome aboard grill'emall, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Nice to meet you Grill'em All. This is a great place with great people. I'm sure you'll learn a lot and hope you have some things to teach us.

Welcome from The Land of the Buckeye Nut :becky: I can't say it any better than Neil, right now I'm learning more than sharing, this is a knowledgeable crew :p
Welcome aboard grill'emall, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Welcome grill 'em all, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back