• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Not even close to cowgirls ribs

woodbutcher1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Cowgirl had me drooling like a little kid with her beef rib meal week or so ago. I could not find any beef ribs with meat on them. Had to settle with what i ended up.
4 1/2 hours in the uds cruising at 275* until toothpick tender. Red oak and 1 chunk of cherry. For some reason the picture came out a little darker than the actual color.
Absolutely will make them again,they taste awesome.

Thanks cowgirl for the inspiration.

Attachments

• P6210007.jpg
    P6210007.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 161
  • P6210009.jpg
    P6210009.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 162
Dang....those look 100 times better than my beef ribs! Beautiful bones Leonard, well done Sir!
Now I'm hungry for more. lol

Well of course they're not even close. You're in Michigan and she's in Oklahoma. If you want them to be close, you've got to head south a few hundred miles. :crazy:
I can testify, it's not the state or the cooker, it's definitely the cook.

Look pretty good to me... and seriously... can anyone cook as good as cowgirl???

In over 3 score of years, anything cooked over a wood campfire beats anything cooked in the backyard.

It's like shooting a big buck, looks pretty but you can't eat the horns. Those ribs look good to me and if they taste good that's all that matters. Trying to match cowgirl cook for cook is gonna be damn tough.

love beef ribs, hard to get them with some decent meat on them unless your butcher will cut them that way for you.

I got some big fat boys at Sam's. They don't have them out but if you ask they will cut them for you.

Back