"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Happy Phriday, Pholks! Today and tomorrow, nothing outside since we are due for some all day cold rain. Sunday is looking OK, but I'll have to play it by ear. If nothing else, it is cool enough to run the oven. There are plenty of things that haven't been cooked in a while because of the heat.

Last edited:
I'll be making pastrami and vac-sealing it for the informal holiday gatherings.

I ran into a deal with large whole uncooked corned briskets (14 pound average) at .78 cents a pound, I bought 3 of them. It is a labeled as whole corned brisket, looks like the point may have been removed before sealing, leaving the whole 3" thick flat fully intact.

Just got my Black Friday package from Oakridge BBQ yesterday. And lucky for me my local store has pork shoulder on sale for $0.99 a pound and wings for $1.39 a pound. So it's going to be Death Dust wings, Chili lime wings and Secret Weapon/Dominator pork shoulder.

Happy Phriday, Pholks!
Gotta admit, I'm in a bit of a slump this week, so I'll be looking here for some inspiration.
I did pick up some decent looking Johnsonville chorizo, so thinking some sort of armadillo eggs. Maybe cheese, jalapeno, chorizo, pork sausage layers?
Dunno. Have to see what jumps into my cart at the Kroger mart tonight.

Happy Phriday, Pholks!
Gotta admit, I'm in a bit of a slump this week, so I'll be looking here for some inspiration.
I did pick up some decent looking Johnsonville chorizo, so thinking some sort of armadillo eggs. Maybe cheese, jalapeno, chorizo, pork sausage layers?
Dunno. Have to see what jumps into my cart at the Kroger mart tonight.
That's the start of some of my more adventurous cooks. I tend to check the marked down meat section first. Aged beef at a reduced price, what's not to love?
I've had a turkey thawing since Wed, so it's in the lineup, don't know what else.

Big ole cook for an event tomorrow - 47# (cooked weight) pp, 60# turkey breasts, buncha beans, collards, slaw. Got a bunch of SoCal farkers on the crew & I'm really looking forward to it! :whoo: We got some great folks around here and it's always so good to see 'em - cooking and hanging with these excellent people is always a great time.

And wings!

Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu and crew and all y'all Pharkers!

Paging Dr Phu and all you ember heads!!! going to be cool and rainy this weekend so that generally brings out the "I’ll show you” mentality in me!!...Bought a Blue Rhino griddle yesterday, I know Blackstone is preferred but just liked a couple of things the rhino had. Already put together at store and got seasoned last night. Have no idea how much I will use it but just had to get one. Probably some bacon burgers in my near future!!...Peace my friends......happy cooking....

Paging Dr Phu and all you ember heads!!! going to be cool and rainy this weekend so that generally brings out the "I’ll show you” mentality in me!!...Bought a Blue Rhino griddle yesterday, I know Blackstone is preferred but just liked a couple of things the rhino had. Already put together at store and got seasoned last night. Have no idea how much I will use it but just had to get one. Probably some bacon burgers in my near future!!...Peace my friends......happy cooking....

I looked at the Blue Rhino also since they had one at my local Lowe's.
I liked the included and attached hard cover. Didn't look closely at all of the features, but I'm sure you'll love it.
I love my Blackstone 36 and Mrs. Fan absolutely loves the burgers that come off of it.
It does a good job of heating the garage too, which is an added bonus this time of year.

Looking forward to a review on the Blue Rhino. Looks like a good unit.

Back