• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roadside vending

I like the idea of a second truck. I'll be getting a van thingie in the next few days that should serve well for catering. It's ugly but she will do what I need it to as far as transporting and securing my gear in this unpredictable weather.
I'm one hundred percent positive that you will make money in that van, no matter how ugly it is. Are you planning on seting up outside the pubs, KY?

Ya I have talded with three owners so far and they all said yes but the thing is I have to wait till the weather turns. :(

I'm going over right this moment to catch the guy and pick up the paperwork. I have only known him for a few months ( he is aware of my current job situation ) he is willing to sign it over with a deposit and let me make payments on it.

Did I mention he was from Florida and has been here for eight years? Us home grown folks stick together no mater where we are in the world! GOTTA LOVE IT.

Go get em Dr. What are your plans for menu and location, and pricing? Also what do they mean wait for the weather to change?

I plan on sticking to Pulled pork, burgers, ABT's and chicken to start out with being that I'll be smoking at home and doing the rest on site. I'll prep the ABT's the day before.
As for pricing I need to be competitive right now so I'll start out charging what the burger van guys are doing in the ares and increase the price for the PP about .75p over that. The last one I made up 80 odd ABT's and sold them at .50p each They all went in the first hour and a half.

I need to work out the cooking methods for on the spot though. I can keep the pp in the ProQ for holding temps. I have a Weber but I thing I need a gasser of some sort too.
I told them as long as it ain't hammering down I can be there ( NEED CASH BIG TIME MOD) but with the state of things people just are not willing to get out in the bad weather to drink and spend money they don't have this time of year.

The van is too small to cater out of but it can get me and my gear where ever we need to be. I think it's going to see some farm duty in the mean time.

Also on the list is finding a cheap easy-up

Picked it up today what do you think?

26079rm.jpg

2dmf8nl.jpg

9r80gh.jpg

10zzb7a.jpg

28iood2.jpg

Needs a little cosmetic work but that's the least of my worries.

167s0gg.jpg

n2yjas.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good their Dr. KY. Keep us updated and let us know how this is going.

Oh and your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

lol Tell me about it I keep shifting gears with the window crank. Great thing is it's a diesel with a five speed trans so milage should be fantastic plus it short enough to ease parking issues.

I'll pull the UDS out and see how well it fits later.

The logo should look nice on the red..
z0dj8.jpg

wmaydx.jpg

I would make them magnetic and remove 'team' though.

I don't think I'll be trying to make it a cookable van It's meant to transport me and my gear from place to place and working under an easy-up type deal.

I NEED a larger rig to cater from but I gotta stay where my cash will allow me. I put 200.00 down and will be making payments of 100.00 a month. I couldn't pass it up right now. Momma is worried where the pay off is going to come from so I gotta get my hustle on. Saying that I went over to the local today to see if they planned to do a Christmas dinner and they haven't planned on it. I'll go back and tell them they need to later tonight. :cool:

Dr,
That dented left side panel could be turned into a hinged drop down --- table? condiment rack? Gasser holder? ....

Might be cheaper and easier than getting it repaired.

Looks like you are on your way! Congrats.

There is storage space in that overhead compartment too. Being that it was a Royal mail vehicle the rear doors are on a separate key and is not operated by the remote.

The UDS fits and there is plenty of room left over. :cool:

6zv4t0.jpg

lol I Just put this sticker inside the drivers window as a reminder. :wink:

24fw9z9.jpg

It's an Izusu engine too. I thought it would a be a Chevy four banger being Vauxhall and all.

The Chevy diesels are all made by Isuzu these days. Apparently, they seem to be good ones too.

Back