Jumped the Gun! Pre Black Friday Amazon Deals.

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I’m checking out the pre Black Friday deals on Amazon this week and there is a deal on an item I’ve been watching.

It’s a non serrated blade for a Chefs Choice slicer I’ve been eyeing. So the extra blade is normally $37.50 on sale for $17.64.

Course I don’t have the slicer either. Oh wait...that’s normally 195, down to 124.70? Ok. Let’s get both.

But wait. Didn’t I say I’d buy a good 12 inch granton blade slicer before I bought an electric slicer? Oh...ok. Twist my arm.

I’m sure I saved money. Right?

Like a good buzz, keep it going.

Yeah I’m waiting for the anova sous vide to drop to $69 like last year so I can get one

Here are the results of the first use. Trimmed up a partially frozen 6 lb eye of round. Cut it down to fit the slicer tray. Set up to slice with the grain and at a 3 out of 20. Swapped the default serrated blade for the smooth one I ordered.

View attachment 165620
View attachment 165621

Video interlude https://youtu.be/LbyAlIU_0qg

View attachment 165622
View attachment 165623

Easy to use. Nice even slices. There were a few funky slices if the meat was too thawed or uneven at the end. For the most part it ran smooth. I did have to basically disassemble to clean it.

Marinating now in the Owen’s BBQ Maple Jalepeno Jerky mix.

View attachment 165624

So far so good!!

Last edited:
Love using my slicer, and hate cleaning it. How is it to clean?

Had to disassemble it to clean it, but it’s only like 4 pieces. All removable without tools, even the blade which you use a coin to turn.

Hand washed all the parts (aluminum, plastic, or stainless steel). Not too bad.

Back