Shirley Fabrication Waiting list

BBQscott

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was curious if anyone here knows what the current wait is for a Shirley. Also, is the 24x36 patio the only model that is considered a non custom build? I notice they have a standard 24x42 model on their website starting at 2k. Seems like a great deal, but if the wait for that model is 3 years then the 24x36 seems better since I've heard the wait is only months compared to a custom built. Thanks everyone for the help!

Hey everyone, I was curious if anyone here knows what the current wait is for a Shirley. Also, is the 24x36 patio the only model that is considered a non custom build? I notice they have a standard 24x42 model on their website starting at 2k. Seems like a great deal, but if the wait for that model is 3 years then the 24x36 seems better since I've heard the wait is only months compared to a custom built. Thanks everyone for the help!

I’m not sure what the official wait time, but I can tell you from experience that the standard 24X36 patio model comes magically available from time to time.

I hit the Shirley lottery last week and got mine on Sunday

You should join the Shirley fan groups on Farkbook

First, the 24"x36" model is more than enough for most people running a smoker. Cabinets are deceptively larger than the specs suggest. Last I heard the build list was only ~2 months out so, not long if you don't score a smoker someone decided they didn't want to complete the sale on. Seems like about one a month pops up that way.

In my case, I was patient and scored a really nice a 24"x42" without a warming box USED for $2400. Well taken care of Shirley's really don't depreciate and some of them even appreciate. To be honest, if I didn't have that one today, I would buy a 24"x36" model without regrets.

On a traditional pipe smoker, you generally need a larger model because they just don't have the "floorspace" a Cabinet smoker has.

First, the 24"x36" model is more than enough for most people running a smoker. Cabinets are deceptively larger than the specs suggest. Last I heard the build list was only ~2 months out so, not long if you don't score a smoker someone decided they didn't want to complete the sale on. Seems like about one a month pops up that way.

In my case, I was patient and scored a really nice a 24"x42" without a warming box USED for $2400. Well taken care of Shirley's really don't depreciate and some of them even appreciate. To be honest, if I didn't have that one today, I would buy a 24"x36" model without regrets.

On a traditional pipe smoker, you generally need a larger model because they just don't have the "floorspace" a Cabinet smoker has.

This ^^^^^

The wait time for a 24x36 is Weeks.......any other Shirley is Years as I understand it. The 24x36 has two grates that are 21x21 and top is 21x17.....I have yet to fill mine up.
Unless you need a Warmer, bigger Cook Chamber or Trailer model, the 24x36 is hard to beat. If you order, get the SS shelf, well worth the extra $$.

The wait time for a 24x36 is Weeks.......any other Shirley is Years as I understand it. The 24x36 has two grates that are 21x21 and top is 21x17.....I have yet to fill mine up.
Unless you need a Warmer, bigger Cook Chamber or Trailer model, the 24x36 is hard to beat. If you order, get the SS shelf, well worth the extra $$.

Can I ask what they want for the SS shelf? What are the advantages of this shelf over the standard? Thanks!

Can I ask what they want for the SS shelf? What are the advantages of this shelf over the standard? Thanks!
I think it's 325-ish for the shelf and another 50-75 for the back splash. Advantages are no rust, liquids don't spill thru and it's really easy to clean. SS is stupid expensive right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think it's 325-ish for the shelf and another 50-75 for the back splash. Advantages are no rust, liquids don't spill thru and it's really easy to clean. SS is stupid expensive right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pretty much hits all the reasons to get the SS shelf. When cooking and you pull out a grate to turn Ribs, for example, they are likely to drip some. If you cook other than in the grass, you don’t want that grease all over your patio, driveway, wherever. Same when you are cleaning grates after a cook. All that greasy stuff has to go somewhere and I’d rather have it on the SS shelf, you get the picture.

Pretty much hits all the reasons to get the SS shelf. When cooking and you pull out a grate to turn Ribs, for example, they are likely to drip some. If you cook other than in the grass, you don’t want that grease all over your patio, driveway, wherever. Same when you are cleaning grates after a cook. All that greasy stuff has to go somewhere and I’d rather have it on the SS shelf, you get the picture.

That makes perfect sense, yeah this would be on the patio mostly. I guess I will save another 400 for the shelf... man my wallet is going to hate me lol.

I wanted the SS shelf, but budget wouldn't allow for it with the other options. I ordered a custom fit bamboo cutting board to stop the drips. It looks sharp (IMHO) and was like $75-80 shipped.

picture.php

David that looks amazing, where did you get that done at? Do they ship to california?

I wanted a stainless shelf on my 24x48 but I was over budget already and had to draw the line somewhere. Honestly, I'm perfectly happy with my standard shelf. I just lay down a sheet of foil when I pull the grates out. No difference in functionality between the standard and SS shelf, just cosmetic, IMO. Get a Shirley, you wont be disappointed.

David that looks amazing, where did you get that done at? Do they ship to california?

I used www.cuttingboardcompany.com, but there are many companies that do this. I really like it. I don't actually cut on it. I sealed it with mineral oil, so liquids and oils bead up. I can remove it and hose it off. I put some foam pads underneath to keep it from sliding around.

The big trick is remembering to remove it when I am trailering.

David

I used www.cuttingboardcompany.com, but there are many companies that do this. I really like it. I don't actually cut on it. I sealed it with mineral oil, so liquids and oils bead up. I can remove it and hose it off. I put some foam pads underneath to keep it from sliding around.

David

I'am going to check this out, thanks again for the great idea! :thumb:

David

How does it do with the heat from the firebox?

Also, what thickness did you get?

Last edited:
I also had a buddy make a wood top/cutting board. Works perfect and looks good too.

5e2a136ed9f01fe3308cc3fee1a030da.jpg

38bb8b20b3ab5ba58b9fedc2b2ebf575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really good, do you know what dimensions he did? I too am curious about the thickness he went with.

Back