camp stove info needed

lastmajordude

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dude
Well dudes/duddette.... after many many years I'm FINALLY started on my outdoor kitchen. I’m looking for a propane two burner camp type stove with one low capacity and one high capacity burner. All the ones I see on Amazon or BBQ Guys is one or the other.
Would rather it be a low pressure system if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated......

Maybe look in some sporting goods stores if a camp stove is what you are after. For an outdoor kitchen I would be looking at a built in something or other.

I went for the Camp Chef stainless steel two burner stove and have used it with good results.

https://www.campchef.com/camp-stoves-164/outdoor-ovens/covent.html

Enjoy the convenience of cooking on an oven and stove top, anywhere with the new Professional Outdoor Oven. Your new favorite camp oven now has thermostatic oven control and a higher (5,000 BTU/hr) internal oven output. Brew coffee at the campsite or cook asparagus in the Alps. Wherever you go, your camp oven is both dependable and durable for all conditions. While Camp Ovens are nothing new for Camp Chef, we've upgraded this unit to include thermostatic temperature settings to offer you appliance-like control. Purchase this for the campsite, tailgate, emergency preparedness, or the hunting cabin.

:thumb:

I really like mine. <$300 if you catch a good sale.

Can’t find a built in with a high and a low capacity burner......BBQ Guys said they have never heard of such.

That is why I sent that link to the burners. Has to do with the propane pressure regulators.
Only way I know how to satisfy your wants is to DIY with separate components.

My high pressure burners require a regulator that can deliver enough propane, and for those I run adjustable regulators that will output 0-60 lbs.
They are capable of up to 400,000 Btu's.

You could split the feed from a tank into two regulators, one for the low pressure burner needs, and then run another for the high capacity. The link above has the splitters already configured, as well as beaucoup choices of regulators, depending on your wants.

What sort of BTU's are you looking for with 'high' and 'low' output? Can't you just turn one down a bit when you don't need a full blast burner or, is it a pot size (or pan construction) limitation?

I'd recommend the Camp Chef 2-burner Ranger. It will have plenty of power when you want it. If you want to simmer (low heat), just get a simmer plate/diffuser to add to it. The ranger hooks up to a 20lb propane tank, unlike the "camping" stoves.

Back