• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Stuffed Pork Loin

Plata-O-Plomo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Yesterday I attempted my first stuffed pork loin. I found a nice 3 pounder and stuffed it with a green apple and a pair. I heated the sliced fruit up in butter and brown sugar. I wrapped the loin in prosciutto and smoked in my YS640 at 350. When it reached 110 I basted it with the glaze left over from the fruit. I added about 1/3 cup of maple syrup to butter and sugar. Took about 1.25 hours overall.

Next time I am thinking about stuffing it with meat sauce and parm cheese. Kind of an Italian loaf. I am looking for suggestions from any of you who have done an Italian stuffed pork loin. Please let me know what you did.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1731.jpg
    IMG_1731.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 173
I just grilled a pork loin with a rosemary heavy rub mixture. Served a dressing of granny Smith apples onion garlic sage sausage and diced jalapeno bacon with it. I got tired of stuffing loins though. Just cut a thick slice and put a spoonful of the dressing on top.
Cooked the apple onion and garlic in the grease from the jalapeno bacon

I used to make a pinwheel loin dish, and you just reminded me about it.
The filling is a paste of mozzarella, ricotta, and spinach. The spinach is wilted in EVOO, then chopped. Thanks! I know what i'm doing this weekend! :grin:

Wow that looks great, I will be trying that hopefully it will turn out as good as yours.

Talked to the wife today. She wants the next one with pineapple, coconut and other flavors to make it a Hawaiian twist. That does sound good.

I have made them with various lunch meats inside (ham, salami, etc), and string cheese.

Mexican fatty

Some friends
Sorry I posted on this thread by mistake. Can a mod please delete?

Last edited:
Back