Pork Shoulder question

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I have tomorrow off so I hit the grocery store today for well, some groceries to cook tomorrow.
They did not have a butt or a shoulder as I would know it but they did have a boneless shloulder in the netting - small, maybe 3 lbs.
My plan is to remove the netting, run inside and out then tie it back up. Anyone ever done this? What were your results?

Also found a 6 lb brisket flat. They had a flat that was cut to within an inch of it's life in the case and I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any cryo'ed - his reply - "only really big ones". So, (being the smart a$$ that I am), I asked him - how big is big? He brings out a "huge" 6 pounder - think I can handle it... :twisted:

So - pork, brisket, slaw and tomato pie - oh - and fresh berries for dessert.
And yeah - there will be pictures.

So - whos's done the boneless shoulder thing before?

We used to do the small boneless butts all the time. Just like you said.
We mostly did them to about 180 or so internal, and sliced them, but going all the way and pulling works too.
If its pork, if it is BBQ-ed, it will be good.:mrgreen:

I don't understand the "run inside and out." Could you explain that to me?

After explanation, I'll probably feel dumb, but oh well.

I don't understand the "run inside and out." Could you explain that to me?

After explanation, I'll probably feel dumb, but oh well.

No need to feel dumb just because I can't type - that was supposed to say RUB inside and out....

sometimes will do the boneless....stuffed with kielbasa or spicy sausage....rubbed inside and out also, renetted....smoked to decent slicing temp, and added bonus of the prize inside.....

Back