What are you cooking this weekend?

kickassbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
This weekend?????
Cooking class on Saturday.
Butts, Chickens, Ribs, Salmon, ABT's, Pig Candy and ALL the fixens!!!
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!
bbqclassdec07.JPG

I'm doing an "Iron Chef" contest this weekend and the ingredients I have to use but are not limited to are, rack of lamb, chorizo and grits. Gonna be interesting, but fun.

I also have a craving for some grilled chicken wings glazed with Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauce and Honey! Might do those Sunday for football.

I've got four butts on right now for a work potluck tomorrow. I took the advice of several of you and started them up at 4:00 this afternoon. I'm going to foil them when they reach 160F (or at 11:00, whichever comes first) and finish them overnight in the oven.

Also, I discovered a box of Hi Mountain smoked salmon cure last night along with a salmon filet I never got around to cooking since I bought it Monday, so I brined it overnight and am smoking it now.

Also, I discovered a box of Hi Mountain smoked salmon cure last night along with a salmon filet I never got around to cooking since I bought it Monday, so I brined it overnight and am smoking it now.

I was just thinking about doing that as I have a whole king in the freezer. Has anyone else done it?

That looks so cool! If you don't have to live in it too long...:p
That would make a nice Christmas card...
Whats the temperture?

If Keale ever sees that weather at his house, we're all gonna die.....

Turkey legs......In the rain! Found a pack of two of em for 3 bucks at Staters. Always wanted to do this. Question is, should i go back and get two more and do them on my uds, or just the two I have on the weber.

Also gonna do some stuffed Bell Peppers.

4 Briskets, 3 butts, 1 Turkey, 2 pans of Fatback Green beans, and 1 pan of smoked mac n cheese.

I'm firing everything up late saturday night so I can be sure we'll be done in time. It's just down right cold in the bones out here.

Kickassbbq, don't know what's smokin this weekend yet. Will start a butt using Hi Mountain cure. Did two loins and one butt with Tinder Quick that were excellent.:-D Weather is goin to be miserable but the UDS will come through I'm sure. May practice on some thighs and fix some ABT's, fatties, small loin, you know...staple food.:biggrin: Oh, and the wifey will do some mac and cheese in the cast iron...yummmmmmy!

Last edited:
Chili for me. Going to compete in the contest at my local watering hole. Placed last two years, had a third and a second. Maybe this will be my year. I did a test run last weekend and did not have any burger. Bro inlaw gave us some meat from his freezer since he had another beef coming. I ground up half top round roast for burger damn it was good. Used the other half for stew meat.

I'm making some veggie beef soup right now. In AM I'm gonna do a brisket, pig candy and a couple of fatties. That might get me by for a few days in this nasty arse weather here in the midwest.

I remember when we used to have snows like that here in TN, but all we get anymore is a dusting at best. I'll be making some rootbeer this weekend, but sadly the UDS will sit covered up.

Saturday will be cold here, so a Pork Shoulder for pulled sandwiches will be in Old Smokey (in the garage) most of the day. Sunday in Ohio is looking to be in the 50's but rainy, so I'm figurin' some Spare Ribs on the CG. I finally got my last mod done to the CG, so I really want to try her out in some decent outside temps, and that may be my last chance until March.

Probably throw in some burgers and dogs to keep the natives from getting restless before dinner each day. Throw in some baked beans, mac'n'cheese, and whatever other good side lovin I can find, and should be a good weekend.

Of course the shopping list starts with beer....:lol:

Friday, pizza in the egg. Saturday, chuck roast in the egg (leftovers will be hash on Sunday morning), and ribs in the Stumper on Sunday afternoon. To cold and snowy to tend the stick burner.

I'm going with a crock of chili. 3 bean with some browned hamburger and pulled pork. Peppers and tomatoes from the garden. Put it on when I go to bed Friday and it will be ready Saturday morn.

Dinty Moore stew, Quesadillas, Bud Lights, Stoogies and some Gentleman's Jack to keep warm. Its raining hard out in the desert until Saturday which means great dirt biking and no dust. We are heading out at 4am Saturday and camping until Sunday. Best part is this is a guy's trip, no wives or kids this time...:lol:

Back